storm debris cleanup

I have some people in the nabe that I dont think will clean up the mess from the storm. These are 30yr old loosers that dont really care about their surroundings. We are talking alot of trees down and fence damage (on their property). Am I able to call the city and complain after a few months?

you should be able to. i'm still surprised how many people are mixing debris even though it has been announced repeatedly. i've seen the city just leave piles there and the homeowners are wondering what the problem is since their neighbor's debris was taken.

How far separated do they need to be? I have two piles in front of my house right next to each other and I'm trying to figure out why none of it - even the branches - got picked up while the rest of the neighborhood did.

they pick up debris up mechanically so it's not a detailed science however i had mine 10' or so and they picked up the building materials already.

I have some people in the nabe that I dont think will clean up the mess from the storm. These are 30yr old loosers that dont really care about their surroundings. We are talking alot of trees down and fence damage (on their property). Am I able to call the city and complain after a few months?

I am sure there are a number of reasons.

What I dont get is why the city or guys that were cleaning up the trees and trash were pushing lots of it into the storm drainage? Insanity! They left huge logs inside the ditches so now when rain comes it will flood over to the nabe. Then we have piles that others are dumping on us in the middle of the night or day?

Madness! :angry:

they left logs at my house too..but the city did say they needed to be cut in 10 in sections which I didnt do. I did see alot larger pieces being picked up. Can we please get Micheal Moore here...this is a conspiracy, and I need some money, and MRE.`s. ha

they left logs at my house too..but the city did say they needed to be cut in 10 in sections which I didnt do. I did see alot larger pieces being picked up. Can we please get Micheal Moore here...this is a conspiracy, and I need some money, and MRE.`s. ha

Maybe there are hundreds out there somewhere with this same idea? It seems that with all these logs that there could be something made from them. I know everyone is thinking mulch but I can see tiny little log cabins made for children or take to parks for retaining walls or curbs to made from them. Just seem like a real waste.

PS, I also cant understand why these imbeciles havent seen nor heard that it needs to be seperated. :mellow: God almighty! Dio onnipotente!

My block was pretty good about cleaning up the leaves and small limbs left over from the brush removal crews. However, a block down there are leaves all over the street, plus of course piles of debris in people's yards. I think I might just start walking down the street with my leaf blower and blow it all up into the yards. I'm sure I'll make some new friends that way ;).

I am going to wait a respectable 60 days before I start complaining to Neighborhood Protection. In that time, you will certainly know if there is progress being made (perhaps they are on a contractor's waiting list), or if they just don't care.

There is a staging area for all of the tree debris on 288 just south of 610, I need to take a picture and post it. It is huge. I would imagine they are going to use this for some sort of coastal reclamation? I hope so. LA needs it after the past 5 years of storms taking all the damn marshlands.

I haven't seen any branches picked up around my house yet. It might all decay by the time that happens, or I might get a chiminea and a bow saw and have a field day.

I haven't seen any branches picked up around my house yet. It might all decay by the time that happens, or I might get a chiminea and a bow saw and have a field day.

Tendonitis for sure! Dont do it. :o

Did someone say bvrs ...oops better correct that one. I mean those fuzzy little critters that gnaw wood/build dams?

you should be able to. i'm still surprised how many people are mixing debris even though it has been announced repeatedly. i've seen the city just leave piles there and the homeowners are wondering what the problem is since their neighbor's debris was taken.

I'm surprised the city waited so long to talk about separation so the vegetation could be picked up separately. My debris, like most of my neighbors, was out on the curb by the Sunday after the storm. Not a big deal for me as most of mine is fence and carpet since I don't have trees on my propery. But it was out there for a week before I heard about separation of debris.

I'm surprised the city waited so long to talk about separation so the vegetation could be picked up separately. My debris, like most of my neighbors, was out on the curb by the Sunday after the storm. Not a big deal for me as most of mine is fence and carpet since I don't have trees on my propery. But it was out there for a week before I heard about separation of debris.

I had to wait for the utility company to remove the power lines from my back yard before I could get the chainsaw out yonder....several of us were in the same boat, so Willowbend Blvd. has more tree parts (larger than limbs, but not the entire tree)

Tendonitis for sure! Dont do it. :o

Did someone say bvrs ...oops better correct that one. I mean those fuzzy little critters that gnaw wood/build dams?

Really? Are you sure? I already cut every branch that fell in my yard down to size with a hand saw. It was a piece of cake. Loaded it in my pickup to carry it to the street. Five pickup loads later...done.

The city contractors finally finished picking up my limbs yesterday. Don't ever complain about the City's heavy trash guys. These contractors do not know their equipment very well. They picked up the debris, but took huge chunks of my drainage ditch with it. The City guys don't even cut a blade of grass. No complaints, though. I am now officially recovered from Ike.

I was standing out in front of the house today talking with a friend and two swells from a local news affiliate rolled up cameras blazing. They wanted to know how long it took the City or the debris contractors to clean up the limbs/debris on our street. They had that incredulous tone implying a pending scandal; I guess the hurricane hysteria is slow these days.

On most heavy trash days, the City trucks show up on my block about 7am, I guess their daily route starts here. On the Monday after the hurricane, the City heavy trash crew showed up about an hour late. The driver commented that 'they had a meeting' so they were a little late. They got to work and had my block cleaned up by 8:15am. The only problem we had was that some of neighbors didn't finish cleaning their yards until Monday or Tuesday so we made one common pile on an empty lot on the street.

The two dandys from the news crew were sorry to hear that we didn't have fodder for their scandal. I told them to go over to 11th and Arlington, I thought I saw a suspicious brushpile over there earlier in the week. They moped off in obvious discontent. Guess they'll just have to report on shingle prices tonight.

I was standing out in front of the house today talking with a friend and two swells from a local news affiliate rolled up cameras blazing. They wanted to know how long it took the City or the debris contractors to clean up the limbs/debris on our street. They had that incredulous tone implying a pending scandal; I guess the hurricane hysteria is slow these days.

On most heavy trash days, the City trucks show up on my block about 7am, I guess their daily route starts here. On the Monday after the hurricane, the City heavy trash crew showed up about an hour late. The driver commented that 'they had a meeting' so they were a little late. They got to work and had my block cleaned up by 8:15am. The only problem we had was that some of neighbors didn't finish cleaning their yards until Monday or Tuesday so we made one common pile on an empty lot on the street.

The two dandys from the news crew were sorry to hear that we didn't have fodder for their scandal. I told them to go over to 11th and Arlington, I thought I saw a suspicious brushpile over there earlier in the week. They moped off in obvious discontent. Guess they'll just have to report on shingle prices tonight.

The limb guys came last Saturday(4th) and did about 10% of our subdivision. There was no sign of them at all Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday. They reappeared Saturday(11th) and did another 10%. What the heck is going on? And we're in the FLOOD plain...we should be first!

There is a staging area for all of the tree debris on 288 just south of 610, I need to take a picture and post it. It is huge. I would imagine they are going to use this for some sort of coastal reclamation? I hope so. LA needs it after the past 5 years of storms taking all the damn marshlands.

IMG_3441.jpg

IMG_3440.jpg

IMG_3439.jpg

flipper

Archived