Museum District WiFi

roadrunner

I live in the museum district as well, and it sucks that the museum district doesn't really have any good cafes or bars. I really wish there was somewhere I could quickly walk to. I think your closest bet would be somewhere on Montrose.

Diedrich's, has wifi but you can't get beer, only coffee. Depending on where you live, that may or may not be out of walking distance, it's at least a mile and a half walk from where I live.

I used to go to Tropioca in Midtown but lately it seems to now be closed at random times and it isn't reliable enough to go to anymore unless I just happen to be driving by. The manager told me they were moving to another location in midtown but he would not tell me where. Also not a beer place though.

I also used to go to Cafe Artiste in Montrose but that place has also closed.

:(

For beer, you might want to try the Black Labrador Pub on Montrose. Not sure if they have wifi but maybe the wifi from the library/cafe next door reaches into the pub.

Your best bet for close wifi and beer will probably be Montrose, or midtown as the closest options, and also Rice Village.

Also check out Agora on Westheimer near Dunlavy.

I live in the museum district as well, and it sucks that the museum district doesn't really have any good cafes or bars. I really wish there was somewhere I could quickly walk to. I think your closest bet would be somewhere on Montrose.

Diedrich's, has wifi but you can't get beer, only coffee. Depending on where you live, that may or may not be out of walking distance, it's at least a mile and a half walk from where I live.

I used to go to Tropioca in Midtown but lately it seems to now be closed at random times and it isn't reliable enough to go to anymore unless I just happen to be driving by. The manager told me they were moving to another location in midtown but he would not tell me where. Also not a beer place though.

I also used to go to Cafe Artiste in Montrose but that place has also closed.

:(

For beer, you might want to try the Black Labrador Pub on Montrose. Not sure if they have wifi but maybe the wifi from the library/cafe next door reaches into the pub.

Your best bet for close wifi and beer will probably be Montrose, or midtown as the closest options, and also Rice Village.

Also check out Agora on Westheimer near Dunlavy.

Thanks for the suggestions. I did a little research on my own, and noticed that Maple Leaf has WiFi in Midtown. I like that place, so that seems reasonable.

And I also wish the Museum District had a few more cafes or bars. It's all townhomes and museums....although that isn't so bad.

I live in the Museum District and would love to find a place where I could go sip on a beer with my laptop. Does anyboddy know any neighborhood joints nearby? Or is the closest option somewhere in Rice Village?

If you're hard-up, try the cafe in the basement of the MFAH. The have a limted selection of wine and beer and claim to have wi-fi.

• 2 months later...

Yeah Cafe Express has wifi, I used it on my iPhone the other day when I was waiting for my takeout.

I also recently saw a sign on the ground floor of the building next to the Park Plaza Hospital that said "restaurant/bar coming soon". The name was something like "bodega" and I think it said it was going to be Mexican! It will be nice to have another restaurant within walking distance of my apartment.

• 3 months later...
Yeah could be worse, it could be all big box stores and parking lots... :)

Maple Leaf is cool - especially since i grew up in Canada! They even have a Canadian album on the juke box by the Tragically Hip!

Freak'in illegals from Canada :P