Landry signs with Bobcats

sifuwong

I was really impressed by his hustle and determination. He would definitely help the team coming off the bench or as a sixth man but the more I think about it the more I realize that they don't HAVE to have him. They made some decent additions this year, additions that they needed to possibly take them to the next level. I certainly hope so because it was sweet watching the streak last year. Toyota center was rocking!

Right. They didn't waste any time either. This was a case of the Rockets front office not wanting to sign him for too high and too early or insulting Carl with a preliminary low-ball offer. $3 million is a bit more than what they (Morey and staff) would've prefered (probably somewhere around $2.2 - $2.5 mil per year if they had their way) but it's not an absurd contract either (which is why the Rockets matched the offer so quickly), and most importantly they don't have to use any kind of exemption money to pay him, which is great.

The Scola / Landry combo at PF was fun to watch the final 50 games of last year. I'm not sure they keep Hayes as well, but if so we have a lot of depth at the position.

I'm glad Landry is coming back... he is a great player, and adds a ton of much needed energy. Hope his knee holds up.

And this is a great team, with essentially everyone returning PLUS Ron Artest in a contract year.

All it could take to get us deep in the playoffs is Yao (and McGrady) staying healthy.

I'm glad Landry is coming back... he is a great player, and adds a ton of much needed energy. Hope his knee holds up.

And this is a great team, with essentially everyone returning PLUS Ron Artest in a contract year.

All it could take to get us deep in the playoffs is Yao (and McGrady) staying healthy.

Rockets, if healthy, are gonna be a scary team!!

Archived