Gross. Just what this mall needs... another low end store catering to the "north of the freeway" crowd. This mall needs to finally finish up this renovation, and hopefully put something nice in place of Mervyn's.

That's nice, quotes and all.

Edited by ProHouston

• 2 weeks later...
Gross. Just what this mall needs... another low end store catering to the "north of the freeway" crowd. This mall needs to finally finish up this renovation, and hopefully put something nice in place of Mervyn's.

LOL! Take that Spring Shadows! :lol:

North of the Freeway crowd? What are you talking about? I know what you're insinuating but that's ridiculous.

I actually agree, I am amazed at how little the people north of I-10 going up Gessner care about their neighborhoods. There is SO much litter on the street compare to the south end going towards memorial. <_<

The comment was fair in my opinion. B)

I actually agree, I am amazed at how little the people north of I-10 going up Gessner care about their neighborhoods.

Maybe until you get to Long Point, but after that Spring Shadows is not too bad. Its not Teal or Frost Wood, but its a nice middle class area.

Maybe until you get to Long Point, but after that Spring Shadows is not too bad. Its not Teal or Frost Wood, but its a nice middle class area.

Mainly by "north of the freeway" I was referring to lower-income apartment dwellers who just loiter at the mall all day and make the shopping experience for the rest of the mall patrons uncomfortable. Its too bad that there's only the Galleria in Houston if you want a nice mall with all the important stores and a low amount of loiterers.

Mainly by "north of the freeway" I was referring to lower-income apartment dwellers who just loiter at the mall all day and make the shopping experience for the rest of the mall patrons uncomfortable. Its too bad that there's only the Galleria in Houston if you want a nice mall with all the important stores and a low amount of loiterers.

Wow, I'm going to have to disagree with you there. I get dragged down to the Memorial City Mall about once every two weeks, and at all different times of the day. I've yet to take notice to an obscene amount of trouble making loiterers. Maybe they're all ice-skating when I go?

If anything I always find the Galleria to be crowded with more loiterers from all the teenagers going there because its a "cool" place to go.

Edited by Jeebus

too bad that there's only the Galleria in Houston if you want a nice mall with all the important stores and a low amount of loiterers.

You must have not been there for the All-star game (Baseball and Basketball), Superbowl Weekend, The Essence Festival, etc.

The Houston Galleria is the BIGGEST target of anything touristy that has the potential to bring Hollywood celebrities to Houston, and causes a mad rush of "star-struck" fans to clog the stores, especially Neiman Marcus.

It is a cirucs on those days, just seeing the people wander around looking to see if Jessica Simpson is looking at a perfume.

• Like 1

You must have not been there for the All-star game (Baseball and Basketball), Superbowl Weekend, The Essence Festival, etc.

The Houston Galleria is the BIGGEST target of anything touristy that has the potential to bring Hollywood celebrities to Houston, and causes a mad rush of "star-struck" fans to clog the stores, especially Neiman Marcus.

It is a cirucs on those days, just seeing the people wander around looking to see if Jessica Simpson is looking at a perfume.

I will grant you that even the Galleria can have too many people too. But at least for the most part they're not very ghetto. I just wish that Houston could finally get a mall that poor people wouldn't want to go to. I hate it when I'm trying to park and make a quick trip to Nordstrom or wherever and all these people who don't buy anything have taken up all the spots and are clogging the stores.

I hate it when I'm trying to park and make a quick trip to Nordstrom or wherever and all these people who don't buy anything have taken up all the spots and are clogging the stores.

That's why God invented the Valet.

Evacuees need clothes too

I love Old Navy! Sheesh...*shakes head* if it was that low-end, I don't think they'd put one on Post Oak/Westheimer.

The area directly north of I-10 and south of Long Point is totally Ghetto, you are right about that. Spring Shadows is really nice though, they've done a lot with it!

• Like 1

I hate it when I'm trying to park and make a quick trip to Nordstrom or wherever and all these people who don't buy anything have taken up all the spots

Well, I hate it when I have a hockey game and all these people who are buying stuff have taken up all the spots next to the rink. B) Hauling my gear across a mile of pavement in the summer is no fun at all.

Edited by sunsets
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Nope.

Here's some news on Roger Clemen's new Sports Grill at Memorial City Mall as well as news of what will go into the old Mervin's site:

Mall throws curve to stall Rocket's sports grill

Houston Business Journal - December 29, 2006by Allison WollamHouston Business Journal

Print this Article Email this Article Reprints RSS Feeds Most Viewed Most Emailed

Roger Clemens announcing the Rocket Sports Grill last year: Site delays have changed the sign to

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...