Replacing Stephanie Guadian and Mark Garay

Chris

I wonder when will ABC 13 get 2 new weekend anchors to replace Stephanie Guadian and Mark Garay. Tom Abrahms has really been doing a great job anchoring the weekend evening newscast by himself though.

I bet she left because she got tired of reporting in the hurricane/storms weather. Remember Rita? Poor girl had to stand behind a hotel in Galveston(?) with the wind rain blowing in her face to show viewers how fierce the winds were..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From WILX:

AdelaUchidalarge1.jpg

Adela Uchida anchors News 10 at 6 and 11 with David Andrews.

She came to Lansing and WILX in October of 1998, as the anchor of News 10 Weekend Today. She moved to weekday mornings in 2000, and to weekday evenings in 2002.

Adela began her career in 1989 behind the scenes, as a news assistant and writer. After college, she accepted a weekend weather anchor job. She went on to become a general assignment reporter in three markets before her move to Michigan.

From WILX:

AdelaUchidalarge1.jpg

Adela Uchida anchors News 10 at 6 and 11 with David Andrews.

She came to Lansing and WILX in October of 1998, as the anchor of News 10 Weekend Today. She moved to weekday mornings in 2000, and to weekday evenings in 2002.

Adela began her career in 1989 behind the scenes, as a news assistant and writer. After college, she accepted a weekend weather anchor job. She went on to become a general assignment reporter in three markets before her move to Michigan.

I saw her last night and wondered what the buzz would be about her on the boards. She IS pretty good. Very professional. She just jumped right into it like she had been here forever. Good addition to KTRK. I wondered where she was from. I saw her and thought she had a WABC feel to her. I was wrong.

Archived