Downtown Skyline Update

DaTrain

86284340_1b7026e1a3.jpg

Do you work in an office building along shepard? perhaps the one next to the Huntington?

I work @ 610 and San Felipe (next door to Clear Channel). My building is right on the feeder overlooking the freeway. I was zoomed in to 150mm, so it may appear closer.

jpc

Here's mine. I love skyline pictures.

17208823-M.jpg

I really like this photo. The contrast of the bayou trail greenery and the skyline is great.

jpc

I don't really do architectural photos anymore, but here's a few of my favorites I've taken of downtown Houston. I took these in 2004 and 2005.

I haven't watermarked these pics, so please don't repost without credit :) If you want some to put in public places, I can provide full resolution ones and the proper attribution info free of charge, but, please ask before you use them.

05sep4-5.jpg

Ah.. one of my old shots of downtown from 2003 when I visited UHD. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Here are my pictures of the Houston skyline. I love this city and its skyline and over the past several years have accumulated many pictures of it.

This topic is intended to showcase our many beautiful skylines from a distance. Please dont confuse it with the favorite skyline angle topic.

My pictures:

skyline1.jpg

pikes161.jpg

brightclose.jpg

Picture096.jpg

2d2882d7.jpg

363494972paXdIw_ph.jpg

363495012EADRJo_ph.jpg

I will post more later. If anyone has any pictures of the skyline from a distance, please add them.

Edited by Greens!

Try getting more from the following locations:

4th Ward/Andrews St.

Houston Ave.

N. Main east of I-45

Ramp connecting northbound US 59 to westbound I-10

Buffalo Bayou in the East End

610 East Loop over the Ship Channel looking west

I think that you'll find that each provides delights...particularly on clear days at sunrise and sunset.

10mmpnd.jpg

^close to the HPD HQ^

sorry if those are a bit too close for what you asked for :(

Great pictures like always Montrose but I think the last one is from outside of Municipal Courts main building located at 1400 Lubbock. The HQ is at 1200 Travis Street. Sorry to nit pick :blush:

Edited by Houstonian in Iraq

Great pictures like always Montrose but I think the last one is from outside of Municipal Courts main building located at 1400 Lubbock. The HQ is at 1200 Travis Street. Sorry to nit pick :blush:

I was actually not going to post it because I couldn't remember what building it was... I knew it was something federal or court or police... I know the HQ is in a box building that looks similar to Allen Center 1 & 2. :blush:

224688755sxOiZz_ph.jpg

Here are some of Uptown from a distance. Im taking summer classes right now and will not have any new pictures of the skyline until i go home again.

230707963EYnVHN_ph.jpg

pikes154.jpg

pikes155.jpg

pikes091.jpg

Greenway Plaza:

pikes165.jpg

Texas Medical Center (the largest employer in the city)

pikes149.jpg

pikes171.jpg

Does anyone know how to make a panorama? I was going to try to make one with the second and third Uptown pictures but I dont know how.

I really enjoyed the photo from Overlook Park. At least, that's what I think it was called in 1972. I have a picture from that park off Allen Parkway taken in 1972. Snow was on the ground and the One Shell Plaza building was the tallest. Only 50 floors. Sounds like Dallas 2006 :lol: just kiddin' :blink: