R.I.P. David "Chipmonk" Hall

Mark F. Barnes

A local boy was killed by a drunk driver while he was working. David Hall went by the name Chipmonk on another forum I am in. Members here Jakdad and 57Tbird also knew him there.

HOUSTON -- A driver has been arrested and charged in the fatal hit-and-run of a Texas Department of Transportation worker, police told KPRC Local 2 Tuesday.

Houston police said Ray Wilson, 71, ran over 42-year-old David Hall in the 100 block of North Travis at about 9:20 p.m. Saturday.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/17368339/detail.html

If by chance he has family members on this forum, you have my deepest regards. Chipmonk was really liked over in the Speedzone. It's a sad thing death, especially to someone so young and undeserving. More tragic than his death is the pain of those left behind. When someone dies in a family, the whole family changes to try to adjust. That family member had played an important role. As the family grieves for the one who has passed away, they must accept the simple fact that nothing will ever be the same. Hopefully the transition will not be any more painful that it has to be.

Archived