Michelle's Corner - Thompson Street Townhomes

longhornguy

Does anybody have any information about these townhomes? They are all super large and have nice finishes, but they can't seem to ever hold tenants.

Problem is, I can't find any information on the builder or history of the development. Does anybody have any clue about the history of these things? Is it too good to be true?!!

I have heard stories about a person buying up all 8 units and getting foreclosed on all of them. Which makes for nice values right about now:

http://www.urbanliving.com/homefinder_more...904&st=INFO

• 2 weeks later...
Does anybody have any information about these townhomes? They are all super large and have nice finishes, but they can't seem to ever hold tenants.

Problem is, I can't find any information on the builder or history of the development. Does anybody have any clue about the history of these things? Is it too good to be true?!!

I have heard stories about a person buying up all 8 units and getting foreclosed on all of them. Which makes for nice values right about now:

http://www.urbanliving.com/homefinder_more...904&st=INFO

If I were you I would check crime statistics for that block. You might find out why people don't want to stay there, or haven't in the past.

I actually have checked on crime statistics for the block and surrounding area and didn't find any trends around the block that were different than the surrounding area.

I'm not saying there was less crime than the area, but there wasn't more crime than other area's north of Washington, south of I-10.

I have also spoken with many people living in the complex as well as in a few block radius in the area and none have seen anything more than petty theft.

Anybody have value-added input, in regards to the original question?

This is just anecdotal and may not have anything to do with the particular project in question, but it would appear that some of the complexes built during that era were victims of various mortgage scams. One would be the "straw buyer" thing where a broker teams up with a mortgage company, creates a profile for a non existent buyer, secures the loan and takes their cut, then the house goes into foreclosure because it never had a real owner to begin with. With a lot of vacant houses around it, it becomes increasingly harder to secure decent buyers and the whole complex falls into disrepair. Kind of sad to see, but there's a number of probably good homes rotting away in the area because of this type of thing.

We looked into this home about a month ago. Looks like the others in the complex got some decent deals out of foreclosure..

We decided against it because we drove around the immediate area two nights in a row and saw too many shady people walking around/riding their bicycles, and a possible sex act being performed in West End park. We like to be outside/walk the dog, jog, etc and felt like this wasn't the safest area to enjoy all of that. We decided we couldn't wait for 5 years for the area to be cleaned up.

Sorry I didnt have much to add but just wanted to throw it out there.

• The title was changed to Michelle's Corner - Thompson Street Townhomes

Archived