Cable TV Or Satellite Dish?

Hi everyone!

We just moved to Houston and among many other things to sort out is cable tv. Our friends suggested TimeWarner but its seems expensive for us taking in consideration that:

1) we don't watch much tv and don't need 80 channels

2) also don't need home phone, although we need internet

3) what we do need is BBC world, BBS prime, DW and may be one Russian channel (for me, when I feel nostalgic :) )

Any suggestions what would be a good solution for us? I was thinking about sattelite dish but I have no idea how it works, how we pay etc. Please help!

Thanx for replies!

If you want international channels, I believe Dish Network is probably your solution. However, I think those channels are quite expensive.

Having a satellite installed is usually always free, unless perhaps you don't have a credit history? Contracts are usually a year or two in length. You can set up to directly pay using a credit card or through your bank account.

I have dish network with the German package, it includes ARD, ZDF, Deutsche Welle, and Prosieben. The only BBC channel I get is BBC America. They have Russian programming, but it is an extra charge. I think they are around $20 or so each.

Also I pay monthly through the internet. Hope this helps.

• 2 years later...
  • The title was changed to Cable TV Or Satellite Dish?

Archived