Hurricane Ike

Trae

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fell asleep, now up again :) Not sure how long I want to stay awake though. The winds have picked up and I periodically hear stuff hitting the roof and back windows; just waiting for some tall pines to fall on us.

Is it me or is this the slowest moving hurrican EVER?!

Just got back from a (very short) walk-about between squalls. HPD patrol told me to go home! Alot of people still have power, evidenced by the glow in the sky. A lot of people are losing power, evidenced by green flashes in the sky! Had a puff about an hour ago that caused the whole house to creak... eskeery... but still have power so I'm delighted!

Fire is at Brennen's acording to KTRK.

Things are not looking good for Galveston. If there are lots of dead, I think we'll finally see the end of the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Scale. People see Ike - Category 2 and Alicia - Category 3 and assume the latter is stronger. Despite all the warnings, this is what these people focused on. It's kind of an antiquated system that can only accurately describe property damage from winds.

West U still here. Had lots of breaks in power but has come back one. So far. No power across the street. Been watching the sky for those awesome displays of green flashes. The are frequent. Still gusting. Should go to sleep but since the power is on, I'm watching TV. ATT Uverse still working!

I wish people would fill out their location on the profile. Makes it easier.

Archived