Lyric Center Building & Market At 440 Louisiana St.

Guest gcbrewer2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Talked with a worker today about the garage, he said they finalized the exterior design just a couple weeks ago and it won't look like most parking garages, he said it will be unique and artsy. He also said there will be 2 tower cranes, 2 basement levels and 8 above grade stories high.

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2017 at 2:01 PM, hindesky said:

When you see Blackmon Mooring trucks on site it can't be a good thing. Asked a worker why they were there and he said the Lyric Center building had 7 floors with water damage. I assume ruptured piping.

ZUm5CC8.jpg

Have those palms trees always been there?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, kbates2 said:

Guess this is likely to be a M-F lunchtime only development.  Would be cool if a place like this ends up being open at various times.

Looked like they had "steakhouse" in the background, which would indicate some desire for a tenant that served the dinner/weekend crowd

On 1/28/2017 at 5:44 PM, hindesky said:

Talked with a worker today about the garage, he said they finalized the exterior design just a couple weeks ago and it won't look like most parking garages, he said it will be unique and artsy. He also said there will be 2 tower cranes, 2 basement levels and 8 above grade stories high.

He was right, this doesn't look anything like a garage. Love it.

• Like 3

So... this is a food hall.

I really hope they do a good job soliciting interesting tenants and keep decent hours.

The fact that they can appeal to theater-goers, office people leaving work, bar-hoppers on Main, AND increasingly downtown (and midtown) residents should make it possible for this to be something cool. The updated rendering also gives me hope that they'll try to make this a destination.

• Like 5

This is almost like getting a supertall. Do we realize how rare this is?

Should get an award for best/most underrated project of the year.

On the subject of garages, I'm puzzled that our 80's highrises had more land (maybe more land is bad assumption?) but did a better job with the garages. Now we have less room and developers do a crappier job. Doesn't make sense.

• Like 4