College Football 2008-09

lockmat

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hitler could've said the same.

Ha Ha...Yes, and comparisons of the Lonhorns to the Third Reich seem apt.... :rolleyes:

So does Mack Brown=Hitler?? Or is Deloss Hitler and Mack just Rommel?

In all of these similes wouldn't OU be the Polish Cavalry???

But seriously, did Hitler really have many objective people in agreement with him? I guess that depends on your interpretation of objectivity...

Edit::: Wait, Wait, OU would be the French, because they lose on the field, then get saved by an external force (Tech) and then piss on the force that liberated them and claim victory all along....

Clearly, Dodds would be Hitler. And, OU would have to be the Soviet Union, since they got their asses kicked, but ultimately won the war.

I can't wait for the wall to go up across the 50 yard line at DKR.

But seriously, did Hitler really have many objective people in agreement with him?

Like Longhorn Nation, Hitler convinced many Germans to drink his Kool-Aid. ;)

A&M would probably be France...no defense whatsoever.

Clearly, Dodds would be Hitler. And, OU would have to be the Soviet Union, since they got their asses kicked, but ultimately won the war.

I can't wait for the wall to go up across the 50 yard line at DKR.

Like Longhorn Nation, Hitler convinced many Germans to drink his Kool-Aid. ;)

A&M would probably be France...no defense whatsoever.

You could take it a step further in saying that Deloss and Mack transformed the program in much the same way that Hitler turned around the German economy after WWI....

I would argue that German citizens were not objective, and the articles I posted were not from Longhorns...but I am pretty sure you were just joking around, internet is so hard to discern...

Edit:::I could take a que from your winking smiley...

Ha Ha...Yes, and comparisons of the Lonhorns to the Third Reich seem apt.... :rolleyes:

So does Mack Brown=Hitler?? Or is Deloss Hitler and Mack just Rommel?

In all of these similes wouldn't OU be the Polish Cavalry???

But seriously, did Hitler really have many objective people in agreement with him? I guess that depends on your interpretation of objectivity...

Edit::: Wait, Wait, OU would be the French, because they lose on the field, then get saved by an external force (Tech) and then piss on the force that liberated them and claim victory all along....

I like that, that's funny. :lol:

I think the BCS got it right. Anyone else? I don't know how you could argue against the 2 hottest teams in the country being in the title game. Of course you'll always have the horns who think they should be playing Ole Miss :lol: Yep, I said Ole Miss! They're the only team to beat Florida, according to horn logic they should be ranked #1 right now :lol:

I think the BCS got it right. Anyone else? I don't know how you could argue against the 2 hottest teams in the country being in the title game. Of course you'll always have the horns who think they should be playing Ole Miss :lol: Yep, I said Ole Miss! They're the only team to beat Florida, according to horn logic they should be ranked #1 right now :lol:

We'll see what happens in the bowls, but your statement that "horn logic" puts Ole Miss in front of Florida is false. In fact, that is the horns pointing out the fault in the Sooner logic that Tech must be in front of Texas if Texas should be in front of OU...You see if you buy Stoops logic the problem becomes unsolvable.

If Ole Miss and Florida had the same record, yes, Ole Miss should be playing for the MNC owning a head to head victory. Really, this isn't that hard...

Who cares about UT or OU? Rice announced today they will be playing Western Michigan University in the Texas Bowl. Who ever the hell they are. Rice can barely get their own fans to come to a game. Don't know how many WMU alumni we have around here but I suspect not very many.

Boise State may have a legitimate beef with the BCS, but there is a reason they aren't ranked higher...they play a few games against BCS schools and then play a bunch of conference games against sad opponents...many of the teams ranked ahead of them played BCS schools week in and week out (many of whom were bowl eligible)...there is something to be said for that. And Boise would probably be in if not for Utah, who few could argue has a more impressive resume...

Cnote, I think Boise St. gets little respect because of their Smurfy Field, and the lack of ranked teams they play. Then they EXPECT the other 12-0 team in the country to come play a Bowl Game on their home turf ??? They are a bunch of 'Tards and deserve their rank in the poll.

Who cares about UT or OU? Rice announced today they will be playing Western Michigan University in the Texas Bowl. Who ever the hell they are. Rice can barely get their own fans to come to a game. Don't know how many WMU alumni we have around here but I suspect not very many.

Terrible draw for Rice and for the Texas bowl...really disappointing since they were rumored to be courting ND, which would have been a great draw for the city and a great win for the Rice program...and I DO think they would win...I miss the Bluebonnet Bowl.

Don't know how many WMU alumni we have around here but I suspect not very many.

Are you kidding me? With the tourist destination Houston is, they'll be flocking here simply for that reason alone! Forget the game, that's just an excuse for them to come visit

:D

man im upset that #7 Texas Tech is playing Ole Miss who isnt even ranked, yeah they might have beat Florida but come on? Tech deserves a better challenge, i was hoping for LSU

Regardless i already have my Cotton Bowl tickets, im just afraid its goin to be a slaughter. id rather Tech lose in a back and forth game than win with a blowout.

TT

man im upset that #7 Texas Tech is playing Ole Miss who isnt even ranked, yeah they might have beat Florida but come on? Tech deserves a better challenge, i was hoping for LSU

Regardless i already have my Cotton Bowl tickets, im just afraid its goin to be a slaughter. id rather Tech lose in a back and forth game than win with a blowout.

TT

yeah, I was hoping for a better matchup as well. The cotton bowl usually gets some pretty good teams too.

I'm annoyed that Notre Dame got off so easily. Hawaii, in the Hawaii bowl? Come on. I want their 15 year bowl losing streak to continue, having them play a cupcake to break it should not count.

Hawaii has the better record this year, and while they did have an off year compared to the hawaii team that went 23-4 in 06 and 07.... they did almost beat Big East Champ Cincinatti this past weekend..... they will be on their home field..... and ND sucks....... and Weis sucks.....

point is.. you hardly have to worry about ND winning their first bowl in 15 years this year.. Hawaii is going to spank them and embarrass them.

Yeah.. i almost felt sorry for TT getting the shaft as far as bowl selection is concerned.... then i remembered that the majority of their fans are the kind of #!$!% that would slash tires of the visiting team's fans ... then i just laughed and said a quick tiny prayer for an ol miss victory.

Yeah.. i almost felt sorry for TT getting the shaft as far as bowl selection is concerned.... then i remembered that the majority of their fans are the kind of #!$!% that would slash tires of the visiting team's fans ... then i just laughed and said a quick tiny prayer for an ol miss victory.

Never forget the "E" Hwy6. I am hoping that TT underestimates Ole Miss and they get caught with their pants down. Ole Miss can play some ball, especially in a bowl game.

That's actually kind of funny. And you know what, I'm a die hard UT fan, but in general, I don't like UT fans.

That blog mentions it's the fault of Texas' scheduler. The thing is, those are made out a few years in advance. Just think of how huge of a game UT vs. Arkansas would have been if McFadden and Felix Jones would have been there. When Texas made the schedule, Arkansas was pretty darn good. OU got lucky that Cincinatti was good this year; they never are. And I don't know when this year's schedule came out, but UTEP had really good years in 2004 and 2005, and there's a good chance they were added in '03 or '04.

So basically, it's not so simple when criticizing a non-conference schedule.

Yeah, I would agree it is the fault of UT's SCHEDULE, but I would not blame the scheduler. It just worked out that way this year. But, try telling that to some longhorn fans. 9 years out of 10 they get the call, but they'll still be crying and complaining that 10th year.

That is why I enjoy this so much.

Coem on, UTEP has never even come close to winning the Western Division of Conference USA. I will give the Horns credit for playing at UTEP but the Miners will NEVER be confused with a decent program. In fact, the last time UTEP won a bowl game was 1967. And, those "really good years" in 2004 and 2005 saw the Miners lose to teams like UAB, SMU, Toledo, Tulsa, and Memphis.

Additionally, the Longhorns have a multiple year contract with the Rice Owls. UT got LUCKY that Rice finished 9-3. Can anyone on here tell me the last time Rice won 9 games? Florida Atlantic isn't even worth mentioning. Now, Arkansas is usually solid, but the Hogs have never won the SEC title.

Answer, Rice last won 9 games in 1953. This is Rice's second bowl game in 47 years.

In the end, this year's bowl matchups are yawners. Are we supposed to be psyched to watch the Virginia Tech vs. Cincy Orange Bowl? Are we supposed to get excited to see another Ohio State blowout loss in the Fiesta Bowl at the hands of the Longhorns? The BCS system sucks and the conference tie-ins for the down draft bowl games are even worse.

I am really pissed about Ohio State. They played two great teams this year and lost to both (Penn State and USC). They scored on average 4.5 points in those games! One of those was played in Columbus. The beatdown that USC put on them at the beginning of the year was epic. I know why they got the invite over Boise State (12-0) but I would MUCH rather see Boise St take on Texas. Ohio State's boring offense doesn't stand a chance versus the Longhorns.

I am really pissed about Ohio State. They played two great teams this year and lost to both (Penn State and USC). They scored on average 4.5 points in those games! One of those was played in Columbus. The beatdown that USC put on them at the beginning of the year was epic. I know why they got the invite over Boise State (12-0) but I would MUCH rather see Boise St take on Texas. Ohio State's boring offense doesn't stand a chance versus the Longhorns.

They are there for the same reason that they got in two championship games. This is also why the Rose Bowl always sucks. This is ALSO why we do not have a playoff. Like the automakers, the Big 10 is struggling to remain relevant in a (football) world that has passed them by. As soon as a playoff is implemented, the Big 10 loses all that free Rose Bowl money, and the Big 10 goes the way of the Ivy League.

So does anybody actually root *for* teams anymore, or do they just root *against* teams?

Anyway count me among the people who would rather see Boise St. play Texas.

The Holiday Bowl looks like it could be exciting. Masioli is the 6th-string QB so my hopes are not so high but he has gotten them pretty far nonetheless.

I am willing to bet that Texas wishes they were playing Boise St. also. Would have a much easier time than with Ohio State, but there ain't no money in a Texas vs. Boise St. Fiesta Bowl.

Red, I will be rooting for Texas basketball this year. They were able to handle UCLA, and I got a feeling about the 'Horns.

Tech will not roll over Ole Miss. I know you big 12-ers have a hard time believing it, but all those big 12 teams looked so offensively awesome this year because there is absolutely NO defense in the entire conference. Ole Miss will play a close game, and either team could win.

Speaking of no defense, the Oregon vs Oklahoma St game might see an over/under in triple digits. I look forward to that one.

I think Texas-Ohio State is a good matchup, but I was really hoping Ohio St would get bama in the Sugar bowl so they could get rolled 3 years in a row by an SEC team. Rolled by Texas is good enough I guess.

And who said LSU in the Cotton? Um, no. We don't deserve that bid, we barely deserve any bowl game. We accept our prize of probably losing to GT and look forward to next year.

Red, I will be rooting for Texas basketball this year. They were able to handle UCLA, and I got a feeling about the 'Horns.

Not to go off tangent on a football thread, but UCLA ain't all that this year. Neither is Texas. Very good, not great. Look to North Carolina for the scary good teams.

Back to football...

You know, Houston has a crappy ass bowl game. We need a new name and better teams playing. Seriously, Rice and Western Michigan?

If only the Bluebonnet Bowl didn't go under. That bowl game wasn't (or what I've read on it) that bad. Had much better teams.

Archived