College Football 2008-09

lockmat

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anything and everything college football.

Anyone else watching VaTech and E. Carolina?

Dwayne Harris, #17 on ECU looks good.

I am so stoked that football is finally here.

Why would you watch that game when the champions game is on? Div I champs LSU (GEAUX TIGERS!!!!) vs. Div II champs App St on ESPN Classic - moved up to a 10am kickoff due to scheduled Gustav evacuations.

And another for good measure, GEAUX TIGERS!!!

ECU pulls a SHOCKER!!! in the final 2 minutes. THat is why I love college football. ANYTHING can happen.

I watched pretty much that whole game. Personally, I don't think that was a shocker at all. ECU played consistenly better the entire game. They looked plain good. They have some really good players.

A&M lost their first game in the Sherman era... to Arkansas State!

Not looking good.

Hehe. I love it. Nothing is more annoying than the A&M fan and their expectations. It's almost exactly like Alabama every year, except Alabama actually has championships in the past to brag about. Maybe they should try to find a 13th man, 12 is apparently not enough.

I agree that East Carolina over Va Tech wasn't that much of an upset. Va Tech is consistently overrated, and consistently perform less than expected. They always have a sub-par offense, you can't be a top 8 team without being able to score a lot.

You know it's football season when the first Bong Horn gets arrested.

Speaking of which, last season Texas barely got by Ark. State. 21 - 13 or something like that.

But I am surprised Aggy lost to them. I bet their message board is in meltdown mode.

MidtownC, you know where I can see some UH highlights?

I'm gonna try and make it out to a game or two this year, as long as I can still watch my UT games in full.

MidtownC, you know where I can see some UH highlights?

I'm gonna try and make it out to a game or two this year, as long as I can still watch my UT games in full.

Here you go...

Southern's Human Juke Box (featuring their Big Girls in this clip...this video doesn't do their performance justice):

UH's Spirit of Houston doing their version of the Human Juke Box:

Closest I could find to football action was this...the student section counting out our score early in the 2nd quarter (24-0):

The game ended up 55-3 in favor of Houston...lots of highlights, but can't find them on youtube. UH rolled up over 600 yards of offense, including 6 TD's through the air, and held Southern to 215 total yds. We played half of our 100-man roster in the game.

One of the highlights was new Baylor coach Art Briles' appearance at the tailgate:

t1.jpg

t2.jpg

Good times on Saturday night at Robertson. We face a real test this coming Saturday up in Stillwater against the OSU Cowpokes.

Did you guys hear about Tommy Bowden apparently calling Nick Saban the other day for advice as to how they were beaten so badly?

Sad.

I can't stand Saban, never have and never will. It was classic to hear Michael Wilbon talking trash about him on PTI yesterday.

Ohio St does not...they are going to lose by 50 to USC, and I hate USC. Hate both really, but I'd rather the more overrated one lose...that being Ohio St at this point. Michigan looked really weak again too.

Yeah, neither Michigan or Ohio St. look like they have a good QB.

Oklahoma slowed down quite a bit since their first few drives, but Cincy looks legitimately good though.

You wanna take that comment back ? I will let you.

Edit, Nevermind, Oklahoma just put the nail in Cinci's coffin.

Yeah, they slowed down a bit, but cincy is not too bad.

Also, I think I'm adopting East Carolina U. as my second favorite team behind Texas. They're friggin awesome! And I like the way they play. They play tough and physical without all the hype and self promotion. I like them a lot a lot :)

Yeah, they slowed down a bit, but cincy is not too bad.

Also, I think I'm adopting East Carolina U. as my second favorite team behind Texas. They're friggin awesome! And I like the way they play. They play tough and physical without all the hype and self promotion. I like them a lot a lot :)

No doubt! ECU has now taken it to Va Tech and WV, two teams that are overrated EVERY year because they play nobody. Both are good, on one side of the ball (WV offense and VT D/ST), but to be an elite team you need offense and defense. AND...they are the Pirates. You have to like that. What's the school war cry, "AAARRRRRRR!!!!"? I hope so.

No doubt! ECU has now taken it to Va Tech and WV, two teams that are overrated EVERY year because they play nobody. Both are good, on one side of the ball (WV offense and VT D/ST), but to be an elite team you need offense and defense. AND...they are the Pirates. You have to like that. What's the school war cry, "AAARRRRRRR!!!!"? I hope so.

I didn't know they played in CUSA. They play UH but at their place. Too bad, I'd go to that!

• 2 weeks later...

Woohoo!! My LSU Tigers took it to Auburn! We never win there, and this was a tough one. I didn't think we'd pull it off, but Jarrett Lee shook off a horrible start to make some awesome throws. Maybe we finally found our QB.

A&M is in a bad place right now. I can't believe Franchione ever thought going there from Bama was a good idea. So dumb.

ECU hasn't looked very good the last couple of weeks. Barely beating a bad Tulane team and losing to a subpar NC State team back to back weeks.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived