Candlewick Restaurant On Spencer Hwy.

Paul1956

Early 1970's - There was a little mom and pop restaurant on Spencer, close to Shaver, that was originally a little white frame house. It was converted into a restaurant and pie shop. No parking lot, just an open field. On Sundays, it could take a couple hours just to get in.

Man, haven't thought about that for many many years. Anyone remember it?

• 2 months later...

I REMEMBER THE PLACE . I LIVED ACROSS STREET WHERE I HAVE A BUILDING NEXT TO PASDAENA HONDA. I LIVED THERE IN THE 60'S WHEN SPENCER WAS A 2 LANE RD, LIVED THERE WHEN IT WAS WIDEN TO 4 , THAN I WAS STILL THERE WHEN THEY DID IT CURRENT. THEY OPENED A RESRAUNT THERE IN THE 60'S TO START WITH. I USED TO GO THERE. OUR WRECKING YARD WAS FROM THE BAYOU TO WHERE IT IS TODAY, POOR BOYS AUTO. WE LIVED IN A LITTLE BRICK HOUSE THERE. IF YOU WALKED OUT OF THE FRONT DOOR AND LOOKED TO YOUR LEFT AND ACROSS ST. THIS IS WHAT YOU SEEN.

post-3574-1225940651.jpg

My family used to go there after Sunday evening church. All I remember was the yummy pie and the rock candy & candy canes at the cash register. Every few years I'll get a strong sense memory of Candlewick's chocolate cream pie.

My family used to go there after Sunday evening church. All I remember was the yummy pie and the rock candy & candy canes at the cash register. Every few years I'll get a strong sense memory of Candlewick's chocolate cream pie.

Funny I grew up in Pasadena and couldn't picture this restaurant ... until rock candy was mentioned. Yep ate there many, many times. Don't remember much but remember every trip wondering if we would be able to get rock candy or not on that visit.

Funny I grew up in Pasadena and couldn't picture this restaurant ... until rock candy was mentioned. Yep ate there many, many times. Don't remember much but remember every trip wondering if we would be able to get rock candy or not on that visit.

Do you remember all the candy cane flavors? As I recall, there were a bunch of shelves under the cash register with jars that contained different flavors of candy cane. I remember the tutti-fruity was my favorite.

Do you remember all the candy cane flavors? As I recall, there were a bunch of shelves under the cash register with jars that contained different flavors of candy cane. I remember the tutti-fruity was my favorite.

I do remember all the selection of candy canes. I remember selecting root beer once and regretting it greatly.

I can't recall this place, but the name sounds so familiar. Can someone name something that was by it...?

I can't recall this place, but the name sounds so familiar. Can someone name something that was by it...?

I remember it being on Spencer, not far from the Montgomery Wards. I think it was on the other side from MW, and there were fields next to it. But my memory of it is fuzzy.

I want to say it was on the south side of Spencer, within sight of Preston, but I was just a kid in the back seat then. The house had clearly been added on to over the years - I remember walking up and down inclines between rooms. But I mostly remember the PIE!

• The title was changed to Candlewick Restaurant On Spencer Hwy.

Archived