What does your HAIF name mean?

editor

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

JLWM stands for my initials. You may say "a four letter initial?" Yup,my parents wanted to honor some of my past relatives, so I have middle names honoring my mom's grandfather and my dad's mother's family. The 86 stands for the last two digits of the year I was born (I've seen a lot in my 122 years, that's why I know so much about old neighborhoods Vertigo :P;), j/k, and for the serious folks who can't see sarcasm over the internet, I'm not some sort of "super centenarian" ), and the 09 stands for the year in which I'm graduating from college.

Yes, I'm a plumber. Have the license in my pocket, but all I do now is push paper and contractors around.

I logged on years ago as "plumber", but forgot my password, so I logged on a second time as plumber2. I didn't realize it at the time that I could retreive my account info from the moderators. This was around the time that all of you were asking for "plastic's" head on a platter, so I kept quite about it. Oh well!

I loved the first Thunderbirds and Corvettes, but couldn't afford one when they first came out in the mid 50's. They were selling for around $3000+. When I was diagnosed with a high grade prostate cancer in 1999, I was given about a 50-50 chance of surviving 2-3 years. I had my surgery, and, as soon as I was well enough, I set out to get something that I had always wanted. I guess you could say it was at the top of my "Bucket List". I went all over Texas looking at old Corvettes and T'birds. I finally found a fully restored 1957 black Thunderbird that I fell in love with, and I bought it. Needless to say, the price tag was quite a bit more than on the original sales paperwork that the owner still had. What fun I had driving it and having people wave and give me a "thumbs up" as I went by. I made many friends because of that car. It was a tremendous conversation piece. Fast forward to 2004... I am cancer-free, but having more trouble getting under, on, and in the car to maintain it, and a car like that needs lots of TLC. I decided to let it go, and I thought I would honor her by using 57Tbird as my HAIF name.

My name just signifies my appreciation for the Sarah Palin phenomenon.

or the popular song by Heart in the late 70's, then there was the scary deep water 77 film The DEEP where the eel is like a major killer. Opps sorry barracuda /eel too different animals!

the imagination just keeps going.... :rolleyes:

Hey! Then theres Baby Jane Whatever Happened to her? lol

BabyJane004.jpg

I seleted my name based off Tierwester STREET in 3rd Ward where I grew up. I grew up on the corner of Tierwester and Anita. I added AH to the end kindof like they do in music videos: instead of saying gangsTER, they say gangsTA.

I seleted my name based off Tierwester STREET in 3rd Ward where I grew up. I grew up on the corner of Tierwester and Anita. I added AH to the end kindof like they do in music videos: instead of saying gangsTER, they say gangsTA.

Thats quite clever, like paying homage to the place you grew up. I still use 3611 Easy Street in other online sites even though we moved from there 40 yrs ago. :P

You're a neologism. The concept was invented to demonstrate that the principles of evolution apply to any replicators, not just genes. It has nothing to do with "cliche". Marketing types appropriated the word in the 80s, but that fad died out. Have you read Richard Dawkins' "The Selfish Gene"?

And why are you hatin' on memes?

How is "meme" pronounced anyway? I don't think I've ever actually heard it spoken. If it were of Greek origin it would be pronounced "me-me".

My name is based on my old name before the 1st HAIF crashed in 2004. It was originally ComingtoHouston so i shortened it to C2H so my user name wouldn't be so long. I selected ComingtoHouston because I was supposed to be moving to Houston back then but the job offer fell through so I didn't end up officially coming here until about 1 1/2 year ago.

How is "meme" pronounced anyway? I don't think I've ever actually heard it spoken. If it were of Greek origin it would be pronounced "me-me".

Like "meem". It's analogous to "gene". A gene is a replicated unit of physiological inheritance. A meme is a replicated unit of culture. It was invented in 1976 by an English man (Richard Dawkins).

• 1 month later...
My name just signifies my appreciation for the Sarah Palin phenomenon.

Except for the fact you joined in 2004, long before Sarah Palin became a household name. Nice try.

The name IronTiger is from when I was still heavily into SimCity 4 and was dreaming if I was a super modder/BAtter and what things I made. Similar to SimGoober or Pegasus, I picked IronTiger. Then, I got on HAIF to find the Foley's building. Not the downtown department store, mind you, the corporate headquarters. I registered as IronTiger because that was still fresh on my mind.

(I never got my question answered, by the way)

Archived