Merchants Park: Retail Center At 1303-1421 W. 11th St.

samiamj

maybe he's too busy cutting people off shoving them into the cereal?

The kroger on 11th street is the first place in my entire life that i saw someone try to cut in a grocery line. there were 3 buggies deep per register, and this female AWP tried to cut infront of three people. The second person said something like "what do you think your doing" to which the AWP replied "i'm in a hurry".

I'm normally quick to mouth off, and have often suffered consequences for it, but i was so shocked i couldn't even respond. When she realized they weren't going to let her cut them, she shoved her buggy aside and yelled about how rude people were.

I could have written this off to be someone who was really in a hurry, but 5 minutes later saw them going in to Buccannans..

I've had people ask if they could jump in front in line, but never force themselves there. :angry:

On a related topic, I've always found it odd how cashiers in Houston will take the last person in line when they open up a new lane. Having worked in retail back in high school, I was always under the impression that you help the person who'd been waiting the longest, not the least (assuming they hadn't already dumped their junk onto the desk or conveyor belt). I guess that makes too much sense though.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's the first problem. Don't shop at Rice Epicurean either. I've recently discovered their CFO Bruce Levy (one of the owning family members) sits on the board of a major British oil company (though not BP). Not to mention, he's a complete [not getting sued for libel]. All the loose and liberal hippie-friendly grocery stores are really just disguised yuppie gastronomical asylums. Unless you're looking for a tin of pate, I can't understand the draw of a place like WF or RE. Those places attract the Range Rover driving dregs of society.

Yuppie AWPs don't have fat asses! They spend too much money on lipodissolve and personal trainers for that. You've just been exposed for the normal person you are!

I imagine you've heard about Whole Food's CEO's WSJ opinion piece against President Obama's health care plan. His idea is that healthy food purchased from Whole Foods is the solution to our healthcare problems. Of course! Certainly those who can't afford health care can afford to shop at Whole Foods!

maybe he's too busy cutting people off shoving them into the cereal?

The kroger on 11th street is the first place in my entire life that i saw someone try to cut in a grocery line. there were 3 buggies deep per register, and this female AWP tried to cut infront of three people. The second person said something like "what do you think your doing" to which the AWP replied "i'm in a hurry".

I'm normally quick to mouth off, and have often suffered consequences for it, but i was so shocked i couldn't even respond. When she realized they weren't going to let her cut them, she shoved her buggy aside and yelled about how rude people were.

I could have written this off to be someone who was really in a hurry, but 5 minutes later saw them going in to Buccannans..

If you hate oil companies, maybe Houston is not the place for you. Oil built Houston and is still the foundation.

Who said I hate oil companies? I understand the basis of this city's economy. I just find it hypocritical to run an environmentally and socially conscious market and also sit on the board of an oil company.

Who said I hate oil companies? I understand the basis of this city's economy. I just find it hypocritical to run an environmentally and socially conscious market and also sit on the board of an oil company.

It's not hypocritical at all. Most oil companies are environmentally responsible, some are not. If he is on the board of one that is polluting, you should mention the specifics. Some find it hyprocritical to consume energy from fossil fuel sources and then criticize the companies that provide the fossil fuels.

It's not hypocritical at all. Most oil companies are environmentally responsible, some are not. If he is on the board of one that is polluting, you should mention the specifics. Some find it hyprocritical to consume energy from fossil fuel sources and then criticize the companies that provide the fossil fuels.

My home is powered by ten thousand hamsters on ten thousand hamster wheels. My car is powered by solar panels made from seaweed. No hypocrisy here, yo.

There's the first problem. Don't shop at Rice Epicurean either. I've recently discovered their CFO Bruce Levy (one of the owning family members) sits on the board of a major British oil company (though not BP). Not to mention, he's a complete [not getting sued for libel]. All the loose and liberal hippie-friendly grocery stores are really just disguised yuppie gastronomical asylums. Unless you're looking for a tin of pate, I can't understand the draw of a place like WF or RE. Those places attract the Range Rover driving dregs of society.

Yuppie AWPs don't have fat asses! They spend too much money on lipodissolve and personal trainers for that. You've just been exposed for the normal person you are!

After reading so many of your posts, you clearly have 1 very common thread going here. 1) you hate white people...dont know why - but apparently they are awful to you. 2) You resent people with money...

Its funny though b/c I actually think you have allowed your resentment of people with money, to make you hate white people for whatever reason.

Bottom line. Everyone needs to lighten up the world doesnt need to be in such a hurry or be so angry....Rice Epicurian is not a bad market because of who owns it...the same as the US isnt a terrible place b/c Obama is president...Now to bring it all back on topic...

The Kroger on 11th has crappy produce, runs out of alot of things early in the afternoon rush, until the last 2 weeks didnt have enough carts, now smells like spray paint (which I am sure is not depositing on said crappy produce), and temporarily has very bad parking....oh ya if you happen to drive a truck, be prepared to have 5 day laborers yelling at you in Spanish if you show up on a weekend.

After reading so many of your posts, you clearly have 1 very common thread going here. 1) you hate white people...dont know why - but apparently they are awful to you. 2) You resent people with money...

Its funny though b/c I actually think you have allowed your resentment of people with money, to make you hate white people for whatever reason.

That's two common threads actually... and no, neither is correct. I myself am white, lily white to be exact. I've even got a touch of ginger in my hair, and I'm pretty sure I glow in the dark. I also make pretty decent money, certainly considerably more than the national average for an entire family of four. What annoys me is the sense of entitlement that's so prevalent among so many rich crackers. I find it reprehensible that so many people, who've benefited so much from the system we're in, don't feel it is their duty as citizens of this country, as Christians, as whatever, to help the helpless and give back to those in need. I hate that crap excuse "I should be able to decide how I'm going to donate my money" because very few people will donate a penny if they didn't have to. I hate greed. I understand the desire to provide for your and your children's future, but there comes a point where you're no longer stockpiling for a rainy day and are hoarding at the detriment of your fellow man. In my past posts, I've openly admitted to not having a specific belief in God, but I was raised a Christian, and the sense of ethics and morality I was taught as a child I've carried with me to my adulthood. And, I'm simply appalled that so many of those who do in fact call themselves Christians act the exact opposite. Remember the rich man, the camel and the eye of the needle? Remember that he who does to the least of my brethren also does to me? I'm annoyed that so many so-called conservatives hide behind their faith to justify their intolerance when intolerance is the exact thing Jesus opposed.

So nice try. Some people are a bit more complex than the simple black/white that appears to be a common thread with you.

Rice Epicurian is not a bad market because of who owns it...the same as the US isnt a terrible place b/c Obama is president...Now to bring it all back on topic...

Well, I won't shop at Rice because of the owners. It's not just because I have a problem with them being d**ks. It's not just that I have a problem with them sitting on the board of an British-based international petrochemical firm. My problem is the inherent hypocrisy of the whole thing. It's my personal private boycott, though it's not something I feel so strongly about that I'd organize any kind of formal protest. I just won't shop there. Same reason I won't shop at Whole Foods. The image these markets project is one thing, and the reality is something far different. And even though I won't go so far as to organize a boycott, I have no problem with publicly stating why I won't shop there in the hopes other people will consider that before shopping there themselves.

And, as far as the AWP stuff went, most of that was tongue-in-cheek, and very obviously so.

To Clarify: I was using the term "Angry White People" as a nicer way to say "Bitchy White Women". Seems to be more and more of them in the Heights these days which used to be mostly BWW free. At least we have a lot less here in Houston than Dallas.

No offense intended to the Bitchy of any race/gender :)

Everything within 30 yards of the pet food aisle still smells like cat piss.

Maybe Kroger's isn't so bad... The Houston Chronical has a story today that many "healthy" foods are contaminated and are making people sick. http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/moms/6654678.html

"The foods flagged in the report were contaminated by bacteria, from E.coli O157:H7 in spinach to scombrotoxin in tuna. People who ate the contaminated foods suffered a range of illnesses, from mild stomach cramps to death. " I suppose that health food stores would be more likely to have contaminated food than Krogers.

Maybe Kroger's isn't so bad... The Houston Chronical has a story today that many "healthy" foods are contaminated and are making people sick. http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/moms/6654678.html

"The foods flagged in the report were contaminated by bacteria, from E.coli O157:H7 in spinach to scombrotoxin in tuna. People who ate the contaminated foods suffered a range of illnesses, from mild stomach cramps to death. " I suppose that health food stores would be more likely to have contaminated food than Krogers.

Ugh, I saw this on TV today. Both CNN and FoxNews spent the first 95% of the story implying that veggies were now bad/deadly for you, and the last 5% implying that the statistical chance of you getting sick from veggies was somewhere down near a fraction of a fraction of a percent.

But they could still be deadly.

Deadly!

Everybody Panic!

Everybody Panic!

And/Or wash your fruits and veggies before you eat them!

So everybody knows, most (though I won't imply I know enough to say all) of these bacterial infections come from the natural fertilizers (ie. poop) used to fertilize organic veggies. No chemicals = poo. Just sayin'. It's a good thing cows aren't carriers of hepatitis.

It was that keyboardist again... going through Fleetwood Mac's back catalog...

The horrible sounds are bad enough, but he sets up right between the crunchy snax aisle and the wine. Surely there is a place for him over in pharmacy.

If they would just get rid of Mr. Mall Tunes, I actually like watching the crazy old rich ladies with their scaly tanning bed skin, and age-inappropriate clothes. Compared to my other store, the gulfgate HEB, W. Gray Krog's is grocery heaven. The AWBs have their faults, but don't tend to shop with 4 wailing children hanging from the cart like vicious monkeys.

Or maybe Marksmu is an AWP. They're like zombies. They don't eat the brains of their own kind. There's only one way to find out if Marksmu is an AWP or not, and it's by answering this question: Marksmu, how do you take your Starbucks?

can someone define AWP for me?

can someone define AWP for me?

Of course they are all at Bunker Hill HEB. If you read back earlier in this thread, you can see all the snotty posts claiming that 11th Street Kroger "isn't good enough" and that they now do all of their shopping at Bunker Hill HEB. Add those angry white people (AWP for short) from the Heights to the indigenous AWP from the Bunker Hill and Galleria areas, and Voila!, you have a veritable angry white volcano!

Negative Ghost Rider, it was at House of Blues, the Thievery Corporation show.

AWP at a Thievery Corp. show? That's funny. I guess they were confused by the keyboards and then became angry once they realized it wasn't the Kroger guy playing.

AWP at a Thievery Corp. show? That's funny. I guess they were confused by the keyboards and then became angry once they realized it wasn't the Kroger guy playing.

They read the band's name backwards, and thought it was an homage to their favorite pasttime: Corporate Thievery.

Archived