Weird TV Commercials Or Print Ads

bruce_oneal

That's interesting. Haven't seen it on TV yet, but I think it's actually based on the boardgame Life. It's been over 15 years since I've played that game, but I think the ad is similar to what I remember the board and game pieces looking like.

what about the new burger king commercial for bacon/chedder/ranch where the "breasts grow on trees"?

is that the guy from hootie and the blowfish dressed up like a singing cowboy?

you know it is weird when the dallas cowboy cheerleaders are the closest thing you could call normal in a commercial! and what about that guy dressed up like the burger king in that creepy mask - his head looks like he stole it from mardi gras! and i think the girl he's swinging that yells "come and get it" is the girl from the b-52s'.

deb martin

what about the new burger king commercial for bacon/chedder/ranch where the "breasts grow on trees"?

is that the guy from hootie and the blowfish dressed up like a singing cowboy?

you know it is weird when the dallas cowboy cheerleaders are the closest thing you could call normal in a commercial!  and what about that guy dressed up like the burger king in that creepy mask - his head looks like he stole it from mardi gras!  and i think the girl he's swinging that yells "come and get it" is the girl from the b-52s'.

deb martin

i think you're right ... i believe that IS darius rucker from H&TBF ... why?!?!

as for the dallas cowboys cheerleaders and 'the king' in the mask ...

the commercial is just downright weird ...

I LOVE the Geyco Gecko (I FORGOT HOW TO SPELL!) where they make fun of all the clothing advertisements... "New Clothes are fun! but they won't save you money on car insurance!"

That one is very well done, it use to get me all the time, into thinking it was an old navy commercial.

The other night that Burger King commercial came on. I'd never really paid attention to it and after it was over I was like "Wait was that Hootie? Did he really sing 'breast that grows on trees?'" I hit the instant replay button on the ReplayTV a few times and watch it a couple of times. It's pretty frightening. That IS Darius Rucker from Hootie and the Blowfish (guess his career is in the toilet these days to have to do an ad like this one) and the song really does have that breasts that grow on trees line. How creepy. I think the people who came up with this one were on a serious trip of some sort.

And all of the Burger King ads with the guy in the giant plastic king mask are just plain creepy.

Changing the subject just slightly - anyone heard the radio ad for one of the wineries that's currently playing where this woman is talking about throwing a surprise one year old birthday party for "Mack" and the disaster it turned out to be? Turns out the party was for her dog - a Rotweiller (sp?) who hates surprises. She says stuff like "Fortunately the doctor was able to sew Dad's finger back on" and is totally calm about the whole thing. It's hilarious!

The other night that Burger King commercial came on. I'd never really paid attention to it and after it was over I was like "Wait was that Hootie? Did he really sing 'breast that grows on trees?'" I hit the instant replay button on the ReplayTV a few times and watch it a couple of times. It's pretty frightening. That IS Darius Rucker from Hootie and the Blowfish (guess his career is in the toilet these days to have to do an ad like this one) and the song really does have that breasts that grow on trees line. How creepy. I think the people who came up with this one were on a serious trip of some sort.

And all of the Burger King ads with the guy in the giant plastic king mask are just plain creepy.

Changing the subject just slightly - anyone heard the radio ad for one of the wineries that's currently playing where this woman is talking about throwing a surprise one year old birthday party for "Mack" and the disaster it turned out to be? Turns out the party was for her dog - a Rotweiller (sp?) who hates surprises. She says stuff like "Fortunately the doctor was able to sew Dad's finger back on" and is totally calm about the whole thing. It's hilarious!

have not heard that one yet. i'll keep an ear out for it though.

(even though its a take on the old hobo song "Big Rock Candy Mountain").

You're right! I hadn't even thought of that until you mentioned it. Does it use the same tune? I found the lyrics to "Big Rock Candy Mountain" online and they are in the same meter as the Burger King lyrics, so the tune could possibly be the same.

You're right! I hadn't even thought of that until you mentioned it. Does it use the same tune? I found the lyrics to "Big Rock Candy Mountain" online and they are in the same meter as the Burger King lyrics, so the tune could possibly be the same.

that song was integral to the movie o brother where art thou featuring george clooney.

The song was originally recorded by Harry McClintock in the early 1900's, even though most history books say the song has been around (in various forms) since as far back as the mid 1800's.

And yes, it was used in O' Brother Where Art Thou, which in my opinion is one of the best written, acted, directed, edited, and produced movies ever. Its a personal favorite. It was directed by the Coen brothers & is loosely based on Homers: "The Odyssey".

i will have to agree with you (strange we're agreeing lately huh? ... LOL) that was one of the best movies hollywood has produced in the last 5 years.

i tend to like the coen bros movies, but was kinda left scratching my head with the lady killers. (i kinda thought it tried to hard to be similar to OBWAT in terms of mood and theme ... it was just kinda weird.)

Nah, the weirdest commercial that I've seen lately was the Nike ones...

The ones with the ants all over the court for the NCAA tourney and especially the football and baseball "Game Face" commercials (with Ben Roethlisbeger, LaDanian Tomlinson, Albert Pujols, Brian Urlacher, etc.)

Nah, the weirdest commercial that I've seen lately was the Nike ones...

The ones with the ants all over the court for the NCAA tourney and especially the football and baseball "Game Face" commercials (with Ben Roethlisbeger, LaDanian Tomlinson, Albert Pujols, Brian Urlacher, etc.)

don't forget the espn commercial where the dudes die and then goto heaven ... which is really like 2 flights up and in front of the television screen (playing espn) again.

Those Burger King commercials are sucky..especially the ranch one.

OH, and those Capital One commercials..NO WAY!

• The title was changed to Weird TV Commercials Or Print Ads

Archived