Auto Shops At Rice And Morningside

Yesterday, I was driving by Rice Village and noticed new construction at Rice Blvd and Morningside, right next to Rice Village. For a moment, I was excited as I thought this would be a new restaurant or cafe. It looks like a prime spot for that kind of a place. Unfortunately, it looks like the structure is going to contain some auto shops for tires, batteries etc. I hope I am wrong. On the positive side, the structure is not too big and the parking lot is quite small. And I hope at least they don

That has always been an auto shop. Been there for as long as I can remember. my thought on it was that someone had finally purchased it and was going to renovate the property but keep the autoshop detailing. Maybe some sort of club since it is across from the Gingerman?

The new steel framing was definitely larger than the old autoshop footprint.

Maybe someone in town has the scoop?

That has always been an auto shop. Been there for as long as I can remember. my thought on it was that someone had finally purchased it and was going to renovate the property but keep the autoshop detailing. Maybe some sort of club since it is across from the Gingerman?

The new steel framing was definitely larger than the old autoshop footprint.

Maybe someone in town has the scoop?

Thanks for the information. Perhaps, they are improving it. In any case, at least it is not a new business but continuation of an existing one. It would be nice though if they had converted the whole thing into a restaurant/cafe.

• The title was changed to Auto Shops At Rice And Morningside

Archived