25 vision

16 proposed

14 under construction

8 approved

2 under reconstruction

1 demolished

What about for T. Stacy & Associates Hotel & Condo Tower 830ft :D

T. Stacy & Associates Hotel & Condo Tower under construction

I avoid downtown Austin like the plague, as I do I-35, so I am not aware of what all is happening there. Other than some street improvements, is anything being done to facilitate traffic going into and out of downtown?

Just love Austin's skyline. :D

austinskyline-night.jpg

Glad to say that even that photo is outdated. Austin has a few more tall buildings in that area now. ;)

2712186607_e3a3dd78d8_b.jpg

Even this photo will be obsolete within a few months.

I avoid downtown Austin like the plague, as I do I-35, so I am not aware of what all is happening there. Other than some street improvements, is anything being done to facilitate traffic going into and out of downtown?

I know that the new 32 mile long Commuter Rail Line connecting Downtown with the Suburbs to the north will be opening later this year.

train_austin.jpg

WHere are you trying to get to H2B ? At what time of the day are trying to get there ?

WHere are you trying to get to H2B ? At what time of the day are trying to get there ?

Unless there is a special occasion, I go down Brody where all the major stores are, and to Costco at Wm Cannon, and I go to my mom

• 8 months later...
One of the reasons I left Houston was to get away from traffic. And while the traffic in Austin is not as bad as Houston, the drivers here are much more dangerous.

As an Austinite that moved to Houston, this is SO true. I traded a 6mi/40 minute commute in Austin for a 25mi/40 minute commute in Houston. How is it that they both take the same amount of time?! The thing I've noticed: Houston has more cars but the traffic usually moves. Austin traffic inches and refuses to merge, and has too many selfish drivers.

And I also agree that in Austin you have to be creative with your routes or you get stuck on I-35, which is a parking lot at certain times of the day.

Just love Austin's skyline. :D

austinskyline-night.jpg

Glad to say that even that photo is outdated. Austin has a few more tall buildings in that area now. ;)

2712186607_e3a3dd78d8_b.jpg

Even this photo will be obsolete within a few months.

:D (Click the photo please)

3437091680_8a82fb4b83_o.jpg

by Tx Alex on SSP

....and this photo will also be obsolete within a few months.

As an Austinite that moved to Houston, this is SO true. I traded a 6mi/40 minute commute in Austin for a 25mi/40 minute commute in Houston. How is it that they both take the same amount of time?! The thing I've noticed: Houston has more cars but the traffic usually moves. Austin traffic inches and refuses to merge, and has too many selfish drivers.

And I also agree that in Austin you have to be creative with your routes or you get stuck on I-35, which is a parking lot at certain times of the day.

Houston also has a lager network of freeways then Austin. The drive time in Houston is similar to Austin and other US metros, but because of the speed and lack of stopping occasionally, Austin's commute distance is alot less then Houston. Austin is now paying (by tolls) for every bond election turned down to improve the freeway network while Houston reaps its rewards of their system.

:D (Click the photo please)

3437091680_8a82fb4b83_o.jpg

by Tx Alex on SSP

....and this photo will also be obsolete within a few months.

Imagine what it'll look like when the Green water plant is developed B)

Austin will be giving Houston and Dallas' skylines a pretty good competition.

• 3 weeks later...

^^^ i agree. Although i do like my hometown of H-town a great deal, i have secretly wanted Austin to surpass Dallas' skyline for years. Thanks to the development gods, i just may get my wish during my lifetime. If this sort of growth keeps up (like the late 70's-80's did for Houston) Austin may just surpass Dallas' skyline in the next decade and then give Houston a run for her money!! (unless of course, Houston diversifies once again, latches on to another major market, i.e. wind and solar energy, and then builds an iconic, signature supertall in let's say, 2020) :lol: Let me dream. OK?

m. B)

Archived