24 Waterway: Office Building For The Woodlands

bachanon

i expressed disbelief when the little bird said ritz carlton, but tweety mentioned confirmation from two sources on both sides of the, uhh, development. anyone hear any rumblings that they can confirm or not deny?

also, crush (wine lounge) and sirenuse euro bistro are in the works. sirenuse is somehow related to the folks that brought us goose's acre. the viking cooking school in the new hubbell & hudson market & bistro will be the only houston location. registration is available at viking cooking school.

one more rumor is that hubbell & hudson bought all three black walnut locations to shore up the finances for the new market & bistro at 24 waterway.

something about an upscale hawaiian restaurant too.

fun fun.

really? :o

correct me if im wrong, but i thought there isnt a ritz-carlton in houston,respectively

So to have one in the Woodlands would be out of this world

and is this close to the center of the city or in a different location?

feel free to not answer them, as the info.you posted is probably all you know..

really? :o

correct me if im wrong, but i thought there isnt a ritz-carlton in houston,respectively

So to have one in the Woodlands would be out of this world

and is this close to the center of the city or in a different location?

feel free to not answer them, as the info.you posted is probably all you know..

yes 'tis all i know. but the names tweety dropped were impressive. she hasn't been wrong yet, but there is always a first time. i hoped for a confirmation from haif insiders. time will tell.

• 2 months later...
yes 'tis all i know. but the names tweety dropped were impressive. she hasn't been wrong yet, but there is always a first time. i hoped for a confirmation from haif insiders. time will tell.

It's gonna be an Avia Hotel - ritzy type, high priced hotel; fairly new company with only a handful of locations at this time.

found the info here -

http://woodlandsevents.com/lodging/motels/avia.html

It's gonna be an Avia Hotel - ritzy type, high priced hotel; fairly new company with only a handful of locations at this time.

found the info here -

http://woodlandsevents.com/lodging/motels/avia.html

I'm almost positive that bachanon is aware of the Avia. I don't believe he's getting the two mixed up. So the life of the rumor continues...

I'm almost positive that bachanon is aware of the Avia. I don't believe he's getting the two mixed up. So the life of the rumor continues...

Hmmm... I'll see what (if anything) I can find on that... There is a new building going up directly next to the square; it's too small to be a hotel - supposed to be filled with more eatery / retail clients.

Additionally, there are at least 2 more buildings going up to the east of the square - I think one of them will be a 'waterway tower'

Hmmm... I'll see what (if anything) I can find on that... There is a new building going up directly next to the square; it's too small to be a hotel - supposed to be filled with more eatery / retail clients.

Additionally, there are at least 2 more buildings going up to the east of the square - I think one of them will be a 'waterway tower'

Yeah, as far as we know there's a condo/hotel going in longways to the waterway with a condo tower sandwhiched between it and tinsletown. If I had to guess, maybe that will be the location if it's true? You'd think the location would have to be awesome, so I don't see it being any further from the square. But who knows?...

the buildings directly across waterway ave from goose's acre & americas and on waterway square are 20 waterway avenue. there are two buildings to house four establishments. one is "crush" a wine lounge and another is "grimaldi's" coal brick-oven pizzeria. both restaurants have openings scheduled in the spring.

btw, sirenuse euro bistro at 24 waterway is coming along nicely:

Sirenus

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Grimaldi's seems to be the sanitized, franchised stepchild of the legendary Grimaldi's pizza in Brooklyn:

http://www.grimaldis.com/

http://www.patsygrimaldis.com/

They do list a Woodlands location, coming soon.

If they're anything like the original Brooklyn store, I can hardly wait.

(As previously mentioned) Grimaldi's and Crush are going to be in the new building directly across from The Goose's Acre and America's - They were supposed to open this Spring (2009) but, some organization, not sure if it's the developer or The Woodlands Proper, apparently modified the occupancy requirements and delayed the construction.

An updated open date for Grimaldi's Pizza has been posted here. We really need a good pizza place in TW -

yes, i've been following sirenuse's twitters too. the day the wine vendor came was a fairly traumatic day for one of the owners. i offered to come over and bar the doors along side her, holding the wine hostage. we could have released the lesser brands until we reached a compromise. ;)

however, she said goodbye to her "children". it was sad to hear. rumor has it that a different concept will reopen in the same location.

"crush" opens friday night. it is uber cool inside and i hope to get a better preview tomorrow.

contractors are working in the rio 24 cigar & premium liquor bar location daily.

• 3 weeks later...
Oddly, they're still Twittering: http://twitter.com/sirenuse

It's been an interesting view into the world of a business owner who's recently closed their restaurant and what they're going through.

From what I have heard, the remaining partner(s) is/are looking for another investor to attempt another venture.

It's a great spot, overlooking the fountain.

• 7 months later...

the woodlands town center is rumored to be getting a "red onion" concept in the sirenuse' space at 24 waterway. in addition to red onion, a new sushi restaurant, also in 24 waterway, next to 24 rio/across waterway ave. from baker street. a new gym is said to be going in next door to hubbell & hudson or on the ground floor of the new parking garage on lake robbins.

also heard a ruggles green is going in at or near gosling & research forest.

the avia hotel opened this past week at market street (uber cool). new restaurant/bar options in the hotel will be joined by other new concepts in the new additional retail space. avia, the woodlands

• 4 weeks later...

the sushi restaurant at 24 waterway is going to be called "kita". i ran into the architects this past week; they said there will be a lounge, dining area, two patios. it will be modern & comfy. liquor license sign is in the window.

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to 24 Waterway: Office Building For The Woodlands

Archived