HAIF Weather on iPhone/iPod Touch

HAIF is pleased to announce the newest way to get Houston weather on the go.

gallery_1_86_117567.png

It's CW39 Weather on HAIF for iPhone and iPod Touch.

You get the current conditions (temperature, humidity, heat index, sky conditions) instantly, and you can listen to a streaming audio forecast right on your iPhone or iPod Touch by pressing the "Listen" button.

I've coded this extra small (about 16k plus audio) so it works well on Edge as well as WiFi and 3G connections.

To access it, simply go to this address in your iPhone/iPod Touch Sarari browser: http://iwx.houstonarchitecture.info/

Press the Listen button to hear the streaming audio forecast.

Press the 5-Day Forecast button to go to CW39's forecast web page

Press HAIF:now to get a quick list of the active discussions on HAIF in real time.

Once you're there, you can add it to your home screens just like a regular application.

Press the + button at the bottom of the screen.

gallery_1_86_36131.png

Select "Add to Home Screen"

gallery_1_86_72342.png

No need to change the icon name, so just press "Add."

gallery_1_86_25199.png

And there it is on your home screen, ready to be rearranged and to serve your daily weather needs.

Now before anyone asks -- yes, I'm willing to do a Blackberry version. If you're willing to lend me a Blackberry to test it on.

<- Not an iPhone owner, but that's cool!

Tell me what kind of phone you have. I have a SonyEricsson around here I plan to adapt it for. Maybe if I know which devices are in the HAIF pool I can figure out a way to tailor it for a larger audience.

Archived