Travis Lofts At 2510 Travis St.

roadrunner

Has anybody seen this small plot of land right by 2222 Smith and Spec's? I drove by the other day and noticed a sign on it that said something like "Travis Lofts". It looks like it would be a pretty small building, but can anyone confirm? I was in a hurry so my eyes could be wrong.

I saw this sign too but I thought it was across closer to the new Camden Super-whatever and across from the Cadillac dealership. Maybe we are talking about the same place. There has been a crew clearing the lot and doing site prep here for the past few weeks. I stopped and looked at the rendering on the sign and it looks a lot bigger than the lot. The lot was really really small so unless the place bought the dealerships excess parking across from Reef, the rendering is way off scale.

I saw this sign too but I thought it was across closer to the new Camden Super-whatever and across from the Cadillac dealership. Maybe we are talking about the same place. There has been a crew clearing the lot and doing site prep here for the past few weeks. I stopped and looked at the rendering on the sign and it looks a lot bigger than the lot. The lot was really really small so unless the place bought the dealerships excess parking across from Reef, the rendering is way off scale.

I think you are talking about Camden Travis, the new Camden complex going on the blocks that just demolished that old Vietnamese strip center. I am talking about a small piece of land that isn't more than 1/2 an acre by Spec's. I'll drive around there this weekend and see if I can determine where exactly this is.

Edited by roadrunner

I guess we are talking about different projects! I do know where Camden's new project is supposed to be and that was not what I was talking about. I was talking about a sign I saw here:

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&...1&encType=1

It was a small parking on Travis in between the already built old Camden's parking garage and the Frank Kent excess parking lot. If you have time while you are driving around Midtown would you mind checking this site out too to see if it is anything? :D

Edited by jayshoota

I guess we are talking about different projects! I do know where Camden's new project is supposed to be and that was not what I was talking about. I was talking about a sign I saw here:

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&...1&encType=1

It was a small parking on Travis in between the already built old Camden's parking garage and the Frank Kent excess parking lot. If you have time while you are driving around Midtown would you mind checking this site out too to see if it is anything? :D

You are actually right. We are talking about the same project. I flew by the site pretty quickly so I'll have to go take another look.

Has anybody seen this small plot of land right by 2222 Smith and Spec's? I drove by the other day and noticed a sign on it that said something like "Travis Lofts". It looks like it would be a pretty small building, but can anyone confirm? I was in a hurry so my eyes could be wrong.

Houston Business Journal of August 22 - 28, shows a building permit applied for "Travis Lofts LLC multi-family residence at 2510 Travis St. (condo/apartments) $2,500,000."

That's on page 31A of HBJ.

By the looks of how small that lot is it can't be more than 3-5 stories. Why would someone build a condo building right there? Your views from your window would be a parking garage, a building, a street and a dealership parking lot.

I jogged by it the other morning and noticed someones name (Terry Stainfield or Stanfield, I think) as the owner/builder. Maybe it is TERRY STANFIELD http://www.har.com/AWS/AWS.CFM?AGENT_NUMBER=485856

But I can't remember for sure.

By the looks of how small that lot is it can't be more than 3-5 stories. Why would someone build a condo building right there? Your views from your window would be a parking garage, a building, a street and a dealership parking lot.

I jogged by it the other morning and noticed someones name (Terry Stainfield or Stanfield, I think) as the owner/builder. Maybe it is TERRY STANFIELD http://www.har.com/AWS/AWS.CFM?AGENT_NUMBER=485856

That guy is weird looking. But one of the best RE Brokers in town.

Edited by CHiPs

That guy is weird looking. But one of the best RE Brokers in town.

For the longest time, I didn't know if that was a guy or girl....even the name Terry didn't help. I guess that's why he grew the beard......

Edited by dcdude

• 1 month later...

I've personally dealt with that guy when my mother was looking for a place. He operates an office out of the Cotton Exchange building. Nice guy!

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If I am looking at the site plan correctly, then most of the windows will be facing and be right on top of a parking garage for the apartments next door. Is this correct?

I havent looked at the building close enough when driving by to see if there are windows on the north side or not....there are windows along the south side (which appear to be in the hallways)...overlooking Crave Sushi !!

Am I reading the floorplans right - most of the units only have one window in the living area - none in the bedroom - it seems like you would be living in a cave...

Edited by u080570

I havent looked at the building close enough when driving by to see if there are windows on the north side or not....there are windows along the south side (which appear to be in the hallways)...overlooking Crave Sushi !!

Am I reading the floorplans right - most of the units only have one window in the living area - none in the bedroom - it seems like you would be living in a cave...

I tried to look back today and I do think there are some windows facing the parking garage. The only units with a real view that I could see would be those on the top floor - they have balconies that appear to be above the level of the parking garage

• The title was changed to Travis Lofts At 2510 Travis St.