I've not seen any mention of this elsewhere but while doing my lunch thing today, I saw banners announcing a future bar / grill / entertainment venue called Gibson's, which is to be located at the site of the former St. Pete's Dancing Marlin. I wasn't able to read much else off the banner to get more specifics, if any.

I don't know how it will make out but it's good to see that site at least solicit interest rather than staying empty for X number of months/years.

i'll add to the rumor. The mia bella people supposedly are going to open a higher end mexican place (at the corner). and the gibson's place will be a steak one next door.

EDIT: walked by tonight....both are mia bella owned. cielo mexican bistro and gibson's steakhouse and whiskey bar.

That is good news. Glad to see the downtown dining scene starting to make a comeback after it declined some over the last few years. Hopefully these new places will be good and will manage to stay in business.

• 2 months later...
EDIT: walked by tonight....both are mia bella owned. cielo mexican bistro and gibson's steakhouse and whiskey bar.

Is it any relation to Gibson's Steakhouse in the Chicago area? If so, it's supposedly rated as one of the best in the nation.

i'll add to the rumor. The mia bella people supposedly are going to open a higher end mexican place (at the corner). and the gibson's place will be a steak one next door.

Interesting. So what will happen to the Mia Bella spot once Mia bella moves in at Pavilions?

they claim they aren't moving but are opening another location. i'm headed there sat nite and will ask again.

Both Mia Bella locations (Main St. and Pavilions) will be open simultaneously. Gibson's and Cielo are both owned by them... not the Gibson's from Chicago. These 2 restaurants should open in the next couple of weeks, with the Pavilions location opening a few weeks after that.

• 1 month later...
Both Mia Bella locations (Main St. and Pavilions) will be open simultaneously. Gibson's and Cielo are both owned by them... not the Gibson's from Chicago. These 2 restaurants should open in the next couple of weeks, with the Pavilions location opening a few weeks after that.

one of the managers said that cielo and gibson's will be open starting monday.

• 9 months later...

looks like Gibson's whose named changed to Collins.......has closed.

unfortunately, Cava across the street has moved into the old collin's space so they can share kitchen space with Cielo. The Cava space had great atmosphere. will miss it.

looks like Gibson's whose named changed to Collins.......has closed.

unfortunately, Cava across the street has moved into the old collin's space so they can share kitchen space with Cielo. The Cava space had great atmosphere. will miss it.

Yeah, I was down here last night trying out the GrumBurger at GrumBar (not bad, not bad! Its got potato salad on it.) and saw that Cava Bistro had moved. I had never eaten there, but it was a beautiful spot (and still is, I noted, after peeking in). Cielo was quasi busy last night.

Archived