From the Chron: Dr. Feigin made city a major player in pediatric medicine

Dr. Ralph Feigin, who transformed Houston into one of the nation's premier centers of pediatric care, died Wednesday. He was 70.

A tireless advocate for children's health in Houston and worldwide, he grew Baylor College of Medicine pediatrics from a small, barely funded department into the nation's biggest and best funded, made Texas Children's Hospital one of the nation's elite children's hospitals and trained almost half of Harris County's current population of pediatricians.

Mrs. Porchman frequently commented on how remarkably energetic and very kind Dr. Feigin was. She loved his brown bag sessions when he was President at BCM.

From the Chron: Dr. Feigin made city a major player in pediatric medicine

Dr. Ralph Feigin, who transformed Houston into one of the nation's premier centers of pediatric care, died Wednesday. He was 70.

A tireless advocate for children's health in Houston and worldwide, he grew Baylor College of Medicine pediatrics from a small, barely funded department into the nation's biggest and best funded, made Texas Children's Hospital one of the nation's elite children's hospitals and trained almost half of Harris County's current population of pediatricians.

Mrs. Porchman frequently commented on how remarkably energetic and very kind Dr. Feigin was. She loved his brown bag sessions when he was President at BCM.

This is so shocking. I do see Dr Feigin many times a week PICU at Texas Children's. He's such a pleasant man. When they began searching for a new Physician-in-Chief a few months back, I wonder why he's retiring when he still looks strong. Little did I know that he's battling cancer. Two months, two icons in medicine gone!