HAIF - Houston's original social media

• 2 weeks later...

Came into the store on December 30 and immediately noticed that there were playing a 70s format this evening. It didn't sound well. Let the management know that we want that 80s music back in the store.

I want my MTV back in HEB at Gulfgate! *fists pounding table*

• 2 months later...

I was "walking in stereo" about a week ago I think it was a Friday. They played some of the most obscure and not heard for decades cool stuff I swear.

I really wanted to sit on a display and jam or record what was playing. It began with some Bananarama from Less Than Zero soundtrack and kept going into Robert Downey Jr madness. :lol:

I need to go shake to managers hand that is daring enough to kick down barriers and remain deliant to ...it's going to get better people! Come back,,,,come back....

I was "walking in stereo" about a week ago I think it was a Friday. They played some of the most obscure and not heard for decades cool stuff I swear.

I really wanted to sit on a display and jam or record what was playing. It began with some Bananarama from Less Than Zero soundtrack and kept going into Robert Downey Jr madness. :lol:

I need to go shake to managers hand that is daring enough to kick down barriers and remain deliant to ...it's going to get better people! Come back,,,,come back....

Robert Downey madness in less that zero...man I hope it wasnt the scene I`m thinking of.

Now this is even weirder...Fiesta on Telephone...typical tejano playing then.. Gene Vincent, WTF...that was kinda crazy.

I never go in this store because it drives me insane. But as I keep seeing this post I just might have to break my rule and stroll through just to enjoy the music.

It will be well worth the experience "will dull the senses" ala Roger Daltrey film "Tommy" :lol:

I am convinced this manager must have worked as a DJ at Studio 54, CBGB's, etc. The range of music leaves one Spellbound. If its a lady manager playing this cool stuff she must be a Goth or be a Souxie & The Banshees look-a-like. Too cool. :blush:

Edited by Vertigo58
Robert Downey madness in less that zero...man I hope it wasnt the scene I`m thinking of.

Now this is even weirder...Fiesta on Telephone...typical tejano playing then.. Gene Vincent, WTF...that was kinda crazy.

Do not underestimate the musical tastes of hispanics. It can be diverse. In Mexico, for example, the 80s music discussed on this thread is popular among the younger generations.

Do not underestimate the musical tastes of hispanics. It can be diverse. In Mexico, for example, the 80s music discussed on this thread is popular among the younger generations.

Sames goes for Italy and Spain. The people I speak with are in late 20's to mid 30's and still love The Cure, etc . I assume because they know how their aunts & uncles worshipped the 80's alternative music age so they want to catch up. :P I know when in my early 20's I was buying 95% British music. No regrets whatsoever!

Bottom line is some cultures (or generations of that culture) do not want to open up to new things. So they get left behind with the times.