Oscar Steele, Jr. Home At 1127 Studewood St.

I am trying to find some family history, I found an address on a Marriage Certificate date 6/1/1971 address 1127 Studewood . Today it looks like this location is a Car Wash. Would like to know what was there before the car wash. I have one of the tenates as Oscar J. Steele, lived there between 1967-1975 appox.

Address: 1127 Studewood

Years: 1967 - 1975

Possible owner: Oscar J. Steele Jr.

Thanks for the help

If you go to the Houston Metropolitan Research Center at the downtown library, there are city directories for many years giving reverse listings - i.e., resident listings by address. Though it sounds like you already have the name of a former resident, and so I don't know how much help that would be. But you might also be able to use the directories and HCAD's site to find out if there is anyone living close by who has lived in the same house for a long time and might remember the structure that used to be at the address you have.

• 2 months later...
I am trying to find some family history, I found an address on a Marriage Certificate date 6/1/1971 address 1127 Studewood . Today it looks like this location is a Car Wash. Would like to know what was there before the car wash. I have one of the tenates as Oscar J. Steele, lived there between 1967-1975 appox.

Address: 1127 Studewood

Years: 1967 - 1975

Possible owner: Oscar J. Steele Jr.

Thanks for the help

In the 1924 Sanborn map that location appears to have been a two story store of some type. Who knows what that building was used for by 1971. I don't know what you are looking for exactly, but neither Oscar Steele Jr. or his wife ever owned that property.

Edited by isuredid

Does anyone know of an Ed's Tavern Sept 1963 in Houston, it also has a note of Lahey on the photo

I have found out my father would of been a renter. The only other name of interest would be if one of the owners last name was Wallace. My mothers name was Marie, but the location would of had renters names of Oscar Steele and a Margie Stevens or Cole

0414245 STEELE OSCAR JR married M A STEVENS MARY MARGERY MRS F A 47 41 06-07-1971 06-07-1971

448030638 053171 053171

1127 STUDEWOOD HO 1127

STUDEWOOD HO

060771 060771

RICHARD W MILLARD JUSTICE OF PEACE

• The title was changed to 1127 Studewood St.
  • The title was changed to Oscar Steele, Jr. Home At 1127 Studewood St.