City Of Houston Animal Control

musicman

What's your experience with City of Houston Animal Control? I still wonder if they exist cause you never get a response when you call.

After the woman was killed a few days ago by the two rottweilers, it just saddens me that dogs killed a person. Just horrible.

What's your experience with City of Houston Animal Control?  I still wonder if they exist cause you never get a response when you call.

After the woman was killed a few days ago by the two rottweilers, it just saddens me that dogs killed a person.  Just horrible.

And it is not the dogs that are the problem as much as the dog owners. I get sickened whenever I see a Pitt Bull being walked be a owner that looks like a gangster. Too many people own those dogs for status. They neglect the dog and it eventully turns bad. Too many people train those pups to be mean. I have known a few to be really sweet dogs. And they are really cute as puppies. I think rotweilers are the same. A good owner and the dog usually is nice and behaves.

Sorry for not answering you question. I have no experience with Animal control.

Actually some of the worst temprament (sp?) dogs are the ones everyone thinks are cute and docile.. like Dalmations and Cocker Spaniels.

I didn't know Dalmations were usually bad tempered. Most of the ones I've known were nice. Maybe it was good owners. But poodles, at least the ones that people I know have owned are vicious. Maybe not all of them, but if you try to pet them they will be okay and then two seconds later they try to rip your hand off.

Sorry musicman, I didn't answer your question either.

I get sickened whenever I see a Pitt Bull being walked be a owner that looks like a gangster.  Too many people own those dogs for status.  They neglect the dog and it eventully turns bad.    Too many people train those pups to be mean.  I have known a few to be really sweet dogs.  And they are really cute as puppies.  I think rotweilers are the same.  A good owner and the dog usually is nice and behaves.

Inbreeding is very common with Pit Bulls....dumbasses think that they can inbreed a good game dog, and get a dog that's equally as good. Nope. Sorry. Doesn't work that way. They usually end up with mentally unstable dogs....that's bad, because when a Pit gets ahold of something, it means business. Stable Pits have to be abused pretty severly to become human agressive, even the best game dogs are excellent with people....even when they're in the middle of a fight, you can walk right up and grab ahold of 'em with little fear of being bitten. Another common way to get aggressive Pit Bull looking dogs is to cross in some Presa or Dogo Canario. Those dogs will eat anone (including their master) and when you put that together with the good size, stamina, and relentlesness of a Pit you have quite a formidable dog.

Rottweilers need more socialization, obedience, and structure to become universally good with people, as compared to Pit Bulldogs anyway.

Actually some of the worst temprament (sp?) dogs are the ones everyone thinks are cute and docile.. like Dalmations and Cocker Spaniels.

I have been bitten by dogs twice in my life....one was a cocker spaniel and another was a dalmation. A group of 3 cocker spaniels came from nowhere and one bit my leg. once i realized what happened i ended up dropkicking the one that had my leg and the others ran away at that point. The owner was upset that i kicked their dog, however when the police came i had them all quarantined.

The dalmation shocked me. i was at a neighbors house inside sitting on a chair....before i knew it my hand was in the dog's mouth. the owner screamed and luckily i was able to pull my hand out with only a scratch.

i grew up with dobermans and rottweilers and none were ever violent. it really is just a matter of how they are treated. Pitbull breeding needed to be curtailed. they are just violent animals naturally.

1) city needs to enforce leash laws

2) picking up the roaming packs of dogs

3) find citizens for allowing their dogs to leaves feces everywhere. i hate this esp in public parks. they dont' want it at their house but they'll leave the crap in a park.

i grew up with dobermans and rottweilers and none were ever violent.  it really is just a matter of how they are treated.  Pitbull breeding needed to be curtailed.  they are just violent animals naturally.

For centuries, pit bulls have been bred to be loving and docile toward humans. They were originally bred for bull baiting, which involved, 1 bull, several dogs attacking it, and a whole mess of people standing around watching. The crowds had to be perfectly safe....from dog attack anyway. Pit bulls that attacked people were simply disposed of, and thus the trait was all but eliminated from the gene pool.

On the other hand, Dobermans were developed specifically to attack humans....

I was bitten in the face at age 8 by a Cocker Spaniel. I had 9 stitches in my cheek and I have a teeny scar that when I smile is covered by a dimple. I was very lucky. The dog was a neighbor's and we were all playing with it, not hurting it at all, but probably not very smart to be underneath a dog letting it jump all over me, I have no idea what I did, maybe moved my head a certain way, I dunno, but it happened very fast. My mother about lost it when she saw my face covered in blood. The kids thought it was cool that they could see my teeth through my face. :o

My dad was bitten by a Rottie while walking our mini schnauzer along the greenbelt. There were two on a leash but one got loose from its owner and dad was worried it was coming for our dog so he bent over to pick it up and the dog got my dad's arm. He had to have surgery to repair a tendon and muscle and he sued the owner of the dog in small claims court for the cost and won. The judge told the man if he can't hold on to both dogs properly then he shouldn't have both dogs. I have no idea what happened though!!

Guest danax
1) city needs to enforce leash laws

2) picking up the roaming packs of dogs

3) find citizens for allowing their dogs to leaves feces everywhere.  i hate this esp in public parks.  they dont' want it at their house but they'll leave the crap in a park.

We on the Eastend have a lot of roaming dogs. It must be people that abandon them once they get sick of taking care of them, and the idea of dog birth control does not seem to be prevalent. I was out of town for a couple of weeks and when I came home, found a big black dog from down the street sleeping on my porch. The mail man had actually left a note for me too about "black dog living at your house". :huh:

We on the Eastend have a lot of roaming dogs. It must be people that abandon them once they get sick of taking care of them, and the idea of dog birth control does not seem to be prevalent. I was out of town for a couple of weeks and when I came home, found a big black dog from down the street sleeping on my porch. The mail man had actually left a note for me too about "black dog living at your house".  :huh:

Was the big black dog nice or did was it a Cujo? Maybe your porch seemed like a nice refuge.

Guest danax
Was the big black dog nice or did was it a Cujo?  Maybe your porch seemed like a nice refuge.

He was a lab and I have yet to meet an unfriendly one of those but as soon as he saw me he took off. I have an old victorian with a wrap-around porch and the pets seem to like it. I have cats that love to nap on it, which keeps the rodent population down I suppose. I had another homeless dog last summer camp out under my house where it's cool. By the way, what's a cujo?

Guest danax

How about a city sponsored catch-spay-and release truck? They can catch the wandering beasts then spay them on truck then let them go.

We did that in FFA.  I castrated a pig in the back of a pickup truck.  I don't know which was worse, holding a pig testicle in my hand or sticking my arm inside a cow's vagina.  :lol:

Okay, those are both equally bad. I am now soooo glad I was never in FFA in high school!

I think I'm going to sign off now so I can go throw up.

What's your experience with City of Houston Animal Control?  I still wonder if they exist cause you never get a response when you call.

Yes! They are still very much around but they did recently get in BIG BIG trouble for not doing what you just asked about. THIER jobs. I have gone there many times and I use to see a lot of trucks just sitting around the catchers sitting in the break room watching TV. Not so much any more. Since they got in to so much trouble you rarely see them around that place anymore.

Archived