Avalon Center: Retail Center At 2626 Westheimer Rd.

It was mentioned on swamplot last week, which stated it would more or less be gone by mid-August

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

My dad used to take me here since I was a kid...the waiteresses and cooks know him by name...this is really terrible news. Any reason given? I am scared to tell my Dad, it will ruin his day.

Edited by cnote
  • Like 1

When is it schedule to close, Vertigo? Which station was this on?

It was on one of the contemporary rock stations cant recall. The DJ's were all bummed out mentioned that CVS pretty much out did them.

Yep, more Houston history... Sayanora! :angry:

• Like 1

It has not been "there" since 1938. It may have been in business since 1938, but it has moved at least once, in relatively recent years.

According to the Chron, it is just the pharmacy that is closing; the diner is a separate operation.

Phew, well that is a relief...I gotta have my turnip greens!

• Like 1

CVS bought them out - a deal he couldn't refuse. He's 67 and ready to retire. He will, however, work for CVS during the transition to keep his long-time customers taken care of.

There was an article in one of the West U or Bellaire papers. The Diner was sold off previously and is a separate entity.

• Like 1

Wonder if DJ's made an error they said at corner of Kirby/Westheimer thats correct right? Given the fact all of that new development is just across the street it was inevitable.

What is occurring is the city is losing all older business's/icons that were so unique to the cityscape. All we are going to see are cookie cutter business's just like Lunaticfringe said.

Lady DJ laughed how all the CVS's look the same. Clone 1....clone 2....clone 2.....clone 3.....get it? <_<

Best grab the digital camera and converge for interior/exterior photo shoot's whilst ya can.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
  • The title was changed to Avalon Center Renovations
  • 4 months later...
  • The title was changed to Avalon Center: Retail Center At 2626 Westheimer Rd.