Where to donate used men's suits?

tmariar

A friend has asked for help finding a local charity similar to Dress for Success (which accepts donations of used women's suits and "promote the economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire" they can wear on job interviews), but that accepts donations of men's suits. I can come up with a number of charities that would take men's suits as donations, but does anyone know of a local organization specifically or partially aimed at assisting underprivileged men in dressing for job interviews?

One I found is Career & Recovery Resources, Inc.

Thanks in advance for any other leads.

A friend has asked for help finding a local charity similar to Dress for Success (which accepts donations of used women's suits and "promote the economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire" they can wear on job interviews), but that accepts donations of men's suits. I can come up with a number of charities that would take men's suits as donations, but does anyone know of a local organization specifically or partially aimed at assisting underprivileged men in dressing for job interviews?

One I found is Career & Recovery Resources, Inc.

Thanks in advance for any other leads.

Men's Wearhouse is going to be sponsoring a "National Suit Drive" in September and October. They will be giving a discount on a new suit for any old suits that are turned in. The old suits will be donated to underprivileged men for job interviews. They've sponsored this locally in the Washington DC area for the last couple of years and are now going to roll the program out nationally. You can check the following link for details.

http://www.giftsinkind.org/partners/?pn=fe..._partner_mw.asp

Archived