13 hours ago, houstontexasjack said:

I mentioned this in the Midtown forum, but thought I’d also share here. It looks like Rice picked up more land in this area at 411 Richmond and 4510 S. Main St. HCAD indicates two different LLC’s acquired these plots in mid-June. Both LLC’s have a mailing address of 6100 S. Main St, Houston, TX 77005–the same address Rice uses for mail for the Fiesta.

Edit:  The account information for 4510 S Main LLC is account no. 0250210000001.  The account information for 401 Richmond LLC is 

0250230000009.  The Warranty Deeds are respectively recorded as  RP-2018-268638 and RP-2018-273779, and each indicate "c/o William Marsh Rice University."

Do you know if these parcels include the hard corner? Or is it basically two lots on either side of the corner lot?

14 hours ago, houstontexasjack said:

This link from the Caydon thread suggests a high rise is going up at 4510 Main:

https://www.berkadia.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Q2-2018-New-Development-Maps_Houston-FINAL.pdf

This link also lists a 600 unit high rise by PM Realty at 2601 Main.  What’s THAT all about?  That address is The Greensheet building at Main and McGowan

25 minutes ago, H-Town Man said:

Southwest corner of Main and Richmond. It appears that the two land parcels they bought are immediately south and west of the corner parcel, unless it is included in the 4510 Main sale.

Gotcha.  Looks like the Main and Richmond corner is owned by an entity called "Tivoli Realty, Inc." 

23 hours ago, houstontexasjack said:

411 Richmond was acquired by an entity called “401 Richmond LLC” (yes, it’s 401 not 411)

Those who've seen the third season of "Better Call Saul" might wonder if Chuck McGill filed the paperwork....

On 8/10/2018 at 0:10 AM, houstontexasjack said:

Indeed, I think they are. HCAD discloses 411 Richmond was acquired by an entity called “401 Richmond LLC” (yes, it’s 401 not 411) about June 19, 2018. 4510 Main was acquired by an entity called “4510 S Main LLC” about June 15, 2018. Both LLC’s share the same mailing address at 6100 Main St., Houston, TX 77005—which is at Rice University (it’s the same mailing address Rice uses for the Fiesta). Looks like Rice may have picked up a couple more parcels.

It appears that it's called "401 Richmond LLC" rather than "411" because it's the same entity that owns the 401 property next door, which currently has a Shipley Donuts store on it.  So Rice owns both properties.

• 2 weeks later...

I was driving through the area Saturday morning and there were several small groups of surveyors using equipment and marking points around the Sears building and several surrounding properties. 

Also noticed (not sure how recent this was) that the Gulf Gas Station on Richmond and the highway had been torn down, equipment still on site.

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, houstontexasjack said:

I have a photo of a rendering of how the remodel of the Sears is supposed to look. I can’t upload it because the system is saying I’m restricted to a paltry 20kb. Anybody more techno savvy who can give a simple caveman lawyer a hand?

I just upload to imgur.com and then copy and paste the photo URL. Sometimes it works to put the image itself in  the post, sometimes it is just the link.