28 minutes ago, HoustonIsHome said:

Plus at fiesta you get a good selection of international ingredients that you wouldn't typically get at regular grocery stores. Jamaican Soda, Puerto Rican seasonings, Curry from Trinidad, British Cookies, lots of African, Indian and other Asian foods. All from a store with a Latin edge. That store was a cultural experience. I hope Houston doesn't lose it completely. It is very representative of the diversity of the city.

The Fiesta at S. Main and OST has a much bigger selection of international foods. I go there occasionally when I take my vehicle to the dealership on 610 S. Loop. I know its a little further but overall the store is much better.

• Like 3

On 7/7/2020 at 11:05 AM, Avossos said:

good question...

Montrose was definitely considered seedy... So was the Heights. Both of which are on their way to be very 'high end'.

While you’re certainly right that the land value of Montrose has skyrocketed in the last decade+, Montrose still has a ways to go before it’s considered “high end” from a visual perspective. Sure it’s on its way to getting there with Hanover, La Colombe d’Or, and Montrose Collective, but the two flagship Montrose intersections of Westheimer & Montrose and Westheimer & Dunlavy are far from impressive to the eye. At least as of now. 

Edited by clutchcity94
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, Tumbleweed_Tx said:

WF has a totally different demographic. They don't target lower income people like Fiesta does. It's the same with Randalls. They are an upscale shopping experience.

The Midtown Randalls is in no way an upscale shopping experience. There are HEB's in Texas towns with a population of 3,000 that have a better selection and more room. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ross said:

The Midtown Randalls is in no way an upscale shopping experience. There are HEB's in Texas towns with a population of 3,000 that have a better selection and more room. 

My wife and I call Midtown Randall's "Club Randall's." All it has a good selection of is Gatorade, energy drinks and beer. Rest is a hodgepodge.

Wonder why?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 7/9/2020 at 3:44 PM, j_cuevas713 said:

They're moving to I-10 and the Beltway. We have most of our consulates there. 

They are moving to Richmond (not I-10) and the Beltway.  I believe TXDoT had some surplus land there and they swapped it for the Mexican Consulate's current site on Caroline. 

There are indeed a few other consulates in the Westchase area (none that I'm aware of at I-10 and the Beltway) but we do not have most of our consulates there, by far.  (I realize the Chronicle reported it as being Houston's "embassy row", but, you know... the Chronicle.  My dream for Houston is to have reporters who are familiar with their city.)

By far our greatest concentration of consulates is Uptown.  There appear to be 5 consulates in the greater Westchase area, that will grow to 6 with Mexico's move.  There are more than 20 in the Uptown area.

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, clutchcity94 said:

assuming it’s job an “innovation focused” group within the Chevron organization?

Right. Chevron and other oil companies are actually fairly involved with the incubators here in Houston. 

• Like 6