Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 11/20/2022 at 8:22 AM, 004n063 said:

Good to hear! This is something the city generally lacks. Side street businesses are the best.

Yep, in all the cities I've visited all of them felt like villages with big buildings. Houston seems to finally be trending towards a more intimate, urban landscape that feels more tightly knit and cohesive. 

Edited by j_cuevas713
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, j_cuevas713 said:

Yep, in all the cities I've visited all of them felt like villages with big buildings. Houston seems to finally be trending towards a more intimate, urban landscape that feels more tightly knit and cohesive. 

What's interesting is, when I first starting going back to Houston (as often as I possibly could) after (unwillingly) moving to Alamo Town, it struck me how much denser and "tighter" Houston feels than SA. Not just downtown, but all over the Inner Loop. It first really struck me on Waugh, driving from Memorial to my friends' place in Montrose.

 

ETA:Let me add that Downtown San Antonio is a totally different story. 

Edited by MidCenturyMoldy
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, MidCenturyMoldy said:

What's interesting is, when I first starting going back to Houston (as often as I possibly could) after (unwillingly) moving to Alamo Town, it struck me how much denser and "tighter" Houston feels than SA. Not just downtown, but all over the Inner Loop. It first really struck me on Waugh, driving from Memorial to my friends' place in Montrose.

 

ETA:Let me add that Downtown San Antonio is a totally different story. 

Heck yeah for sure! A buddy from Miami came to visit and he said the same thing. He was like "Man you guys really pack it in here." And when he said that I guess I just didn't realize how dense we actually are. 

Edited by j_cuevas713
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, j_cuevas713 said:

Heck yeah for sure! A buddy from Miami came to visit and he said the same thing. He was like "Man you guys really pack it in here." And when he said that I guess I just didn't realize how dense we actually are. 

We just need a little more organization and we'll be good!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, kennyc05 said:

We just need a little more organization and we'll be good!

And maybe a few sidewalks... without parked cars blocking them... that continue without just disappearing. And no ditches along the street like Rice Military would be an improvement. 

Edited by MidCenturyMoldy
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/21/2022 at 3:10 PM, MidCenturyMoldy said:

And maybe a few sidewalks... without parked cars blocking them... that continue without just disappearing. And no ditches along the street like Rice Military would be an improvement. 

Yeah eventually we'll see those areas connected with proper drainage, etc. The city wants to put a bond proposal in front of voters to take care of issues like that and all city infrastructure so we don't have to wait for funding before another street is rebuilt. City Council talked about it at the last Sidewalk Summit. Good things are happening and continuing to happen. 

Edited by j_cuevas713
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Houston19514 said:

I can find master plans that designate it as F1 (and perhaps partly the plaza).  I cannot find anything that designates it as residential.

I was looking at IntheKnowHouston’s post of the retail brochure here:

On 9/8/2022 at 6:32 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

In the most recent Ion District retail brochure (updated in July), there are building models for future phases. 


The Ion District is a 16-acre, multi-phase district. It will consist of 3-5 million square feet of retail, commercial office, multi-family residential and hospitality  to be built in partnership with best in class developers over the next 10 years. 

 

  • Phase 1 (2021/2022) 
  • Phase 2 (2023/2024) 
  • Phase 3 (2027)
  • Phase 4 (2030)


wVCNfFN.jpg


ITCAKG8.jpg


UUXmeup.jpg

Phase 3 (2027) 
Phase 4 (2030) 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2022 at 10:35 PM, houstontexasjack said:

Also, Norcity has a primitive website for this food park:

https://www.norcity.io



Norcity is in the process of redesigning its website. Majority of the site is set to private; however, some of the menus offers a peek at may be in store.

There categories for food and drink, retail, and fitness / wellness vendors.

Company of Nomads (or Nomadic Hospitality) is the team behind Norcity. This is a container hall / food hall and market. It's part of the Ion campus, possibly located at 4001 Main St.


https://www.norcity.io

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

Below is a conceptual rendering of Norcity.

Company of Nomads (or Nomadic Hospitality) is the team behind Norcity. This is a container hall / food hall and market planned for 4001 Main St. It's part of the Ion campus / Ion Innovation District.  

Other details regarding Norcity:
 

  • 5 food vendors
  • 2 full bars
  • Completely off grid energy solutions and sustainable
  • Atmospheric water generator making water out of air



pUZhhSn.jpg



Close-up

r4taiMu.jpg


8IGJv9L.jpg

 

Green Cities DLC for Cities Skylines.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...