Something Other HAIFers Would Be Surprised to Learn About You

sheeats

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You might consider recording a teen drug abuse PSA. Those photos would make a compelling case for getting kids really high.

You want to know the worst part? One of those pictures is a clipping from The Katy Times. The town freaking newspaper!

I have mime-carried this shame far too long. What a catharsis to finally open up about it.

I used to be a garden gnome!

You seem so innocent there? :o

Mine: Still have a glossy instruction Disco Dancing book from 79. Learn the NY hustle, Double Bump, etc. Wait, thats more like scary secrets. Wrong topic. :blush:

Never Mind (Emily Litella)

I'm really a drag queen - kidding. I did do drag once in New Orleans for Halloween though. Talk about hurtin' feet the next day!

Now we're talking. There's got to be at least one legitimate drag queen on the HAIF!

Anyone. Bueller? Not even a Karaoke Cher?

I actually went to camp full of more losers than band camp: Debate camp.

Worse, I was once a mime. In the 7th grade 'mime troupe'. There are pictures of me (not in my possession, unfortunately) wearing black satin knee-pants, suspenders, and white face. God I can't believe I just shared that.

You're right, some things we SHOULD take to our graves crunch. <_<:P;)

I'm not a drag queen, but I used to drive a Miata. And I love showtunes.

No, but you are now officially on the "pink" team my friend. :huh:

Since we are all "opening up" here, I will admit I had a "dreads" phase also. :rolleyes:

2504409868_29b26bbd89_m.jpg

I'll out myself, too, and admit that I had a huge crush on Jason Castro this past season. And an even bigger one on Blake Lewis from the season before. :blush:

...I'm such a dork... :rolleyes:

I used to have dreadlocks.

And you got rid of them?!! In a perfect world, I'd have them right now. I miss my cornrows

I am the King of Karaoke. B)

There must be a video your friend took somewhere. I say upload it

I can't believe I forgot, speaking of hair, I had a mohawk in the mid 80s. And I do have a picture, somewhere.......except people laughed and called it my Moehawk, as in Moe from the Three Stooges, because it was black and my hair's really fine, so it sort of limped along on my head and laid to one side. I could never get enough, or the right kind of product, in it to get it to stand up for longer than an hour.

And you got rid of them?!! In a perfect world, I'd have them right now. I miss my cornrows

Well, yeah. It was basically a time and that time moved on. I enjoyed them, but pretty soon, my hair (discussion of it_ became more important than me at times. I didn't want people to only see me as my hair.

I've been able to... um... lurk around the Bank Of America Center, Heritage Plaza and Memorial Hermann Medical Plaza without so much as one rentacop on my tail.

The last one, on New Years Day '07 when it was just finished and totally abandoned (from what it seemed, I walked through the halfway open automatic door the rest of the way) and I was able to shoot photos from the top floor of the garage. Excellent views if you actually have to legitimately park there, btw.

Oh, I also made it onto the roof of the Doubletree in Allen Center. Too bad it was a gray day and the photos I took were crud.

There's more stuff... but yeah. Kinda sleepy at the moment.

Archived