Something Other HAIFers Would Be Surprised to Learn About You

sheeats

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A topic for a slow, unexciting Hump Day:

What's something that your fellow HAIFers would be surprised to learn about you? ...besides the fact that you're a MAN, baby!

I dislike dark meat chicken, and even more so, chicken on the bone :blink: . (Boneless, skinless breast meat baby!) ^_^

Oh, and I never watched Spiderman 3, but what I have heard, I saved myself 2 hours that others want back. :ph34r:

Played in the Little League World Series, including the championship game on ABC :) Kind of cool, but not really

I've also got salt n peppa hair

I dislike dark meat chicken, and even more so, chicken on the bone :blink: . (Boneless, skinless breast meat baby!) ^_^

Oh, and I never watched Spiderman 3, but what I have heard, I saved myself 2 hours that others want back. :ph34r:

Don't like dark meat? wow

None of the spidermans were that good if you ask me. I could never understand all the hooplaa

Pi, have I mentioned how much I love your avatars lately? :lol:

...anyway, the bone is what makes the meat so good! The meat is its most tender at the bone. Silly rabbit with your boring, stringy breast meat. ;)

A topic for a slow, unexciting Hump Day:

What's something that your fellow HAIFers would be surprised to learn about you? ...besides the fact that you're a MAN, baby!

Were you planning on sharing anything about yourself?

You show me yours and I'll show you mine. ;):lol:

Were you planning on sharing anything about yourself?

You show me yours and I'll show you mine. ;):lol:

I fought in the Bulgarian Resistance movement in the late 1970s. Very hush-hush. Bootlegged mastika and plum rakia to support our efforts financially.

:lol:

This one time..........in band camp........

I actually went to camp full of more losers than band camp: Debate camp.

Worse, I was once a mime. In the 7th grade 'mime troupe'. There are pictures of me (not in my possession, unfortunately) wearing black satin knee-pants, suspenders, and white face. God I can't believe I just shared that.

Worse, I was once a mime. In the 7th grade 'mime troupe'. There are pictures of me (not in my possession, unfortunately) wearing black satin knee-pants, suspenders, and white face. God I can't believe I just shared that.

That would make a great additional thread....

"The embarrassing childhood photos thread"

crunchtastic:

There are pictures of me (not in my possession, unfortunately) wearing black satin knee-pants, suspenders, and white face.

When I first glimpsed at that sentence, I thought it said "There are pictures of my possession". :lol:

All of your names are in color to me. I have grapheme synesthesia.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll see your debate camp and raise you orchestra camp. Oh, yeah. I was a violist for years and played with several symphonies. I finally traded a career in classical music for sanity. You can't have both. ^_^

Let's see... I was also once the proud owner of a horse named Princess Acorn. She was a hateful beast whose favorite activity consisted of allowing me to ride her far out into the pasture, then bucking me off with all her strength and galloping away as fast as she could, leaving me to walk home through the hot grass, clumps of bullnettle and piles of cow manure. Once, she bucked almost free of me but my foot was still caught in the stirrup. She dragged me halfway across the pasture before my grandfather saw what was happening from the barn -- quite a distance away -- and rushed over on his own horse, John Wayne-style, to catch Princess Acorn by her reins and stop her. I honestly think her main problem with me was that I gave her such a stupid name.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll see your debate camp and raise you orchestra camp. Oh, yeah. I was a violist for years and played with several symphonies. I finally traded a career in classical music for sanity. You can't have both. ^_^

I was in band, orchestra, and debate. Never went to camp, though. There's an excellent chance that I know you in real life.

And my wife had a horse when she was a kid. Its trick was to try to knock her off using low-hanging tree branches. That horse was named Ben, so unless it was offended by being named for a cinematic rat, I think the name wasn't a problem.

Fun fact: I was the first Rice undergraduate to be given the privilege to send e-mail off campus, back in 1983. I had to get permission from the head of IT and it was considered a research tool. Or maybe I was the one they considered a "research tool." Some kind of tool, anyway! :)

MIMES!!

We have to find that photo.

Archived