Crazy prediction

I think people in Houston don't Care about the office market in DFW.

When bickering between aspects of the two metropolitan areas, which is Texas culture, Houstonians tend to concentrate on Central Dallas. Central Dallas is not at the heart of the Metroplex. It has been moved off to the east and to the south. It is even further away politically from what some consider the real Dallas. Most think the real Dallas moved north years ago and will continue doing so until it moves to Oklahoma.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't now nor will I ever consider Las Colinas a threat to Houston. Or Las Colinas to a threat to Dallas for that matter. Now, Houston and Dallas will be a threat to one another until the end of time. But all this Las Colinas stuff nucklehead has been pushing down our throats for the last few days is just mindless dribble from a bored lunatic. No offense, nucklehead but it is.

This does allow me to ask the question... given that Las Colinas seems somewhat isolated (and intentionally so), I'm sort of surprised by the relative dearth of restaurants in the area as well as general retail.

Downtown Dallas doesn't have that much retail either. That designation goes to the platinum corridor with its malls and the city of Addison. The next wave of development in Las Colinas will tend to that shortage of retail.

http://www.cityofirving.org/news-articles/02-15-071.html

I don't now nor will I ever consider Las Colinas a threat to Houston. Or Las Colinas to a threat to Dallas for that matter. Now, Houston and Dallas will be a threat to one another until the end of time. But all this Las Colinas stuff nucklehead has been pushing down our throats for the last few days is just mindless dribble from a bored lunatic. No offense, nucklehead but it is.

When one divides the concept of "relocation" up into global, nation and regional headquarters, I think the advantage of Las Colinas will be as a global headquarters. Example Exxon. People in Houston tend to be unaware that the majority of Exxon is based in their city. They just consider the global headquarters of Exxon in Irving. That is a real threat to Houston in the future that more of the oil companies based there decide to base their global headquarters in Las Colinas. Now, it is very unlikely that these companies would ever decide to move their global headquarters to downtown Dallas because it is further away from DFW airport than downtown Houston is from IAH. So, I do think Las Colinas is Houston's main worry.

Now one could argue that IAH offers better international flights than DFW airport which is true. But then again, the global headquarters for Exxon is based in Las Colinas.

This is why I call DFW airport and Las Colinas the big magnate. While the relocations might not always be heading in its direction, the pressure to do so is always headed in that direction. This is true of companies based in the Metroplex itself.

That is a real threat to Houston in the future that more of the oil companies based there decide to base their global headquarters in Las Colinas.

So your saying that Houston, THE energy capitol of the planet, may begin to lose it's oil companies to LC? That's laughable at best.

Who exactly are these people?

I am referring to the political situation in Central Dallas. There is always a cat (black panthers) ready to pounce across the Trinity River at the slightest provocation. The "I" word (Industrial) scandal probably served to run off a lot of investors from Central Dallas. The political situation in Central Dallas is a powder keg.

On top of this, the economic development in Central Dallas is top down backasswards. The social effort there subsidizes the development of empty office space at the detrement of the whole metropolitan area. The bottom to up philosophy that small businesses develop into fast growing small companies that pay employees better and fill up office space faster tends to exist in areas north of Central Dallas.

So your saying that Houston, THE energy capitol of the planet, may begin to lose it's oil companies to LC? That's laughable at best.

No. I said the biggest threat to Houston is Las Colinas because it is the best place to base a global headquarters -- Exxon. The companies could keep most of their operations in Houston while shifting their global operations to Las Colinas. My point is they would never consider moving to Central Dallas because there is no benefit in them doing so. So, yes, Las Colinas is Houston's biggest threat.

this is starting to sound very familiar from a thread about a yr ago. think he ended up being banned.

what are you trying to say with the bolded sentence?

When one divides the concept of "relocation" up into global, nation and regional headquarters, I think the advantage of Las Colinas will be as a global headquarters. Example Exxon. People in Houston tend to be unaware that the majority of Exxon is based in their city. They just consider the global headquarters of Exxon in Irving. That is a real threat to Houston in the future that more of the oil companies based there decide to base their global headquarters in Las Colinas. Now, it is very unlikely that these companies would ever decide to move their global headquarters to downtown Dallas because it is further away from DFW airport than downtown Houston is from IAH. So, I do think Las Colinas is Houston's main worry.

Now one could argue that IAH offers better international flights than DFW airport which is true. But then again, the global headquarters for Exxon is based in Las Colinas.

This is why I call DFW airport and Las Colinas the big magnate. While the relocations might not always be heading in its direction, the pressure to do so is always headed in that direction. This is true of companies based in the Metroplex itself.

How many oil companies has Houston lost to Las Colinas? You are basing your entire argument that Las Colinas will draw oil companies away from Houston so that it is easier for the executives to get to the airport from their offices. Have you ever driven from DT Houston to IAH on the Hardy tollway? It takes about 20 minutes. Why would a company move its HQ away from the energy capital of the U.S. so that they could knock 10 minutes off their travel time.

You are crazy. Las Colinas will NEVER be a threat to Houston. YOU ARE CRAZY!

The political situation in Central Dallas is a powder keg.

I though it was a Black Hole?

Seriously, though -- I have deleted the alternate identity you created on HAIF. Most people get tossed off the forum for having multiple identities. I'm only leaving you here so you can complete your trolling in this thread and then go home.

I was really wondering what the strategy was in letting nucklehead continue to distract at HAIF. I guess it will blow over eventually, but it's a real shame to allow nucklehead all this power. It's so hard reading these crazy predictions based on far fetched assumptions and not try to discredit them.

I guess next nucklehead is going to tell us the the port of Houston will also be relocating to Las Colinas after all our energy firms move there so that everybody will be close to DFW airport. What comes after that? The Williams tower will be moved to Las Colinas. And then San Jacinto Battle ground. And then the beaches of Galveston. That all follows the same logic to nucklehead arguments. Eventually, Las Colinas will swallow up the entire state of Texas so that we can all fly out of DFW airport and live in a great big (albeit lowrise) community of office parks.

End this madness and lets all get some lunch.

How many oil companies has Houston lost to Las Colinas? You are basing your entire argument that Las Colinas will draw oil companies away from Houston so that it is easier for the executives to get to the airport from their offices. Have you ever driven from DT Houston to IAH on the Hardy tollway? It takes about 20 minutes. Why would a company move its HQ away from the energy capital of the U.S. so that they could knock 10 minutes off their travel time.

You are crazy. Las Colinas will NEVER be a threat to Houston. YOU ARE CRAZY!

The future is always crazy for those who can't think outside the box. If you contend that Houston has no threat then not only are you failing to think outside of the box but you are being unwise. I witnessed this type of attitude in Houston before the last oil depression.

I was really wondering what the strategy was in letting nucklehead continue to distract at HAIF. I guess it will blow over eventually, but it's a real shame to allow nucklehead all this power. It's so hard reading these crazy predictions based on far fetched assumptions and not try to discredit them.

I guess next nucklehead is going to tell us the the port of Houston will also be relocating to Las Colinas after all our energy firms move there so that everybody will be close to DFW airport. What comes after that? The Williams tower will be moved to Las Colinas. And then San Jacinto Battle ground. And then the beaches of Galveston. That all follows the same logic to nucklehead arguments. Eventually, Las Colinas will swallow up the entire state of Texas so that we can all fly out of DFW airport and live in a great big (albeit flat) community of office parks.

Lunch. I'm about to hit up Taco Bell with some friends. Word to this:

tacobell_kp_quesa_open.jpg

or

BigBellBoxMeal.jpg

or

tacobell_crunchwrap_taco.jpg

Heart attack am confirmed.

I guess next nucklehead is going to tell us the the port of Houston will also be relocating to Las Colinas after all our energy firms move there so that everybody will be close to DFW airport. What comes after that? The Williams tower will be moved to Las Colinas. And then San Jacinto Battle ground. And then the beaches of Galveston. That all follows the same logic to nucklehead arguments. Eventually, Las Colinas will swallow up the entire state of Texas so that we can all fly out of DFW airport and live in a great big (albeit lowrise) community of office parks.

Please. Don't spark the end to this thread with your ad hominem behavior. I need it left open for future updates. Thank you.

I though it was a Black Hole?

Seriously, though -- I have deleted the alternate identity you created on HAIF. Most people get tossed off the forum for having multiple identities. I'm only leaving you here so you can complete your trolling in this thread and then go home.

Look. I attended the University of Houston. My minor was in philosophy so I know what ad hominem means. This means you too have the ability to know what it means and behave yourself.

Let me take the time to praise the University of Houston. It had the second rated school in the nation in regards to English and Creative Writing while its philosophy school, although an undergraduate program, was rated, at that time, number 4 in the nation. Of course, its physic's school got it internation attention as well.

So, please, let us try to meditate on the meaning of 'ad hominem.' It means focus on the topic while trying not to divert attention on the crazy characters of the person. Thank you.

The future is always crazy for those who can't think outside the box. If you contend that Houston has no threat then you not only are you failing to think outside of the box but you are being unwise. I witnessed this type of attitude in Houston before the last oil depression.

And when the oil boom reemerged, where did that happen? It begins with an H. And 20 years after the last oil bust most people still are not even aware of LC's existence outside DFW.

BTW, It's my job to think outside the box, but you are thinking outside the brain. There are too many X factors in you logic that you are not even considering. To think outside the box one must establish what the 'box' is, but your logic is in a world of your own. Have you ever even met one person who shares your vision of Las Colinas becoming the energy capital of the world? Never mind, it is scary enough just thinking that there is one of you out there loose on the streets. LC will never be capitol of anything. It may be a threat to the office parks on I-35 E, or maybe the Dallas Galleria Area, but it makes no sense to move a HQ and relocate thousands of people just so they can be closer to an airport. The oil companies in Houston would build their own version of LC in Houston before they would move to LC.

Look. I attended the University of Houston. My minor was in philosophy so I know what ad hominem means. This means you too have the ability to know what it means and behave yourself.

Let me take the time to praise the University of Houston. It had the second rated school in the nation in regards to English and Creative Writing while its philosophy school, although an undergraduate program, was rated, at that time, number 4 in the nation. Of course, its physic's school got it internation attention as well.

So, please, let us try to meditate on the meaning of 'ad hominem.' It means focus on the topic while trying not to divert attention on the crazy characters of the person. Thank you.

Oh snap!

*Grabs the popcorn*

Jackson_popcorn.gif

I predict Houston will make a run to relocate all the debt collection firms from DFW.

Speak of the devil, MidtownCoog. Did you ever know a professor Austin? He was one of my philosophy professors at U of H. My philosophy professors knew more about English than my English professors which is kind of incredible because the English / Creative Writing school at U of H is supposed to have some of the best English / Creative Writing professors in the world. But U of H also has a great philosophy school too.

Ad hominem -- a meaning in the dictionary which people can read and understand clearly and yet take no heed. A mysterious word whose definition always seems to exist just out of reach for the vast majority of those who call themselves intelligent. A word that perplexes modern scientists as its definition exists clearly in the observable realm of the five senses and, yet, evidence of its meaning still remains lost in the possibilities of deep theory.

Speak of the devil, MidtownCoog. Did you ever know a professor Austin? He was one of my philosophy professors at U of H. My philosophy professors knew more about English than my English professors which is kind of incredible because the English / Creative Writing school at U of H is supposed to have some of the best English / Creative Writing professors in the world. But U of H also has a great philosophy school too.

Ad hominem -- a meaning in the dictionary which people can read and understand clearly and yet take no heed. A mysterious word whose definition always seems to exist just out of reach for the vast majority of those who call themselves intelligent. A word that perplexes modern scientists as its definition exists clearly in the observable realm of the five senses and, yet, evidence of its meaning still remains lost in the possibilities of deep theory.

WTF are you talking about? Where did this come from? I mean...damn.

Please. Don't spark the end to this thread with your ad hominem behavior. I need it left open for future updates. Thank you.

If there is anything I can say to get this thread closed I will. I find it completely pointless. Your predictions will never come true so why should this thread stay open. It serves no purpose at all except to give you an audience of hecklers. The DFW section at HAIF has sunk to an all time low. You can be proud of that much nucklehead. Even the regular Dallas guy's won't touch it.

And when the oil boom reemerged, where did that happen? It begins with an H. And 20 years after the last oil bust most people still are not even aware of LC's existence outside DFW.

BTW, It's my job to think outside the box, but you are thinking outside the brain. There are too many X factors in you logic that you are not even considering. To think outside the box one must establish what the 'box' is, but your logic is in a world of your own. Have you ever even met one person who shares your vision of Las Colinas becoming the energy capital of the world? Never mind, it is scary enough just thinking that there is one of you out there loose on the streets. LC will never be capitol of anything. It may be a threat to the office parks on I-35 E, or maybe the Dallas Galleria Area, but it makes no sense to move a HQ and relocate thousands of people just so they can be closer to an airport. The oil companies in Houston would build their own version of LC in Houston before they would move to LC.

Losing global headquarters of energy companies to Las Colinas in the future would do nothing to take away Houston's designation as the energy capital of the world. I could see energy companies moving their global headquarters out of the state of Texas altogether with the reason that it would improve their image with the rest of the nation. So, that wouldn't bode well for Las Colinas either. But none of this would alter Houston's designation as the energy capital of the world.

See, my argument is that Las Colinas is the big magnate because of its close proximity to DFW airport. Has nothing to do with its noteriety. DFW airport itself is just fortunate that it's present location just so happens to place it at the heart of a major metropolitan area, at the center of both its population and its transportation infrastructure, while it has a mild climate in the center of the nation. When companies answer why they move to Las Colinas, what do they say? DFW airport.

If only your philosophy professor could see you now. Trolling Houston architecture websites (from DFW) and creating threads so that you could make some crazy predictions in order to 'educate' Houstonians about the DFW real estate market with a lot of fantastic assumptions, no sources and no numbers to back up his outrages claims. I'm sure he would be proud that all his teachings were put to good use.

Ad hominem my butt. I think it's o.k. to use personal attacks on internet trolls. Sometimes they get scared off.

If there is anything I can say to get this thread closed I will. I find it completely pointless. Your predictions will never come true so why should this thread stay open. It serves no purpose at all except to give you an audience of hecklers. The DFW section at HAIF has sunk to an all time low. You can be proud of that much nucklehead. Even the regular Dallas guy's won't touch it.

Why not close the DFW section altogether then? By closing the DFW section, then DFW will go away. I can tell you this though. If you want to know about DFW, don't go to a DFW forum. They will just tell you what they want to hear and what you want to hear.

This guy's threads/posts are so outlandish that even the regular Dallas posters are staying away, and that's saying something.

For now I'm going to quit posting in this thread. This thread was intended for occasional updates. Thank you.

Losing global headquarters of energy companies to Las Colinas in the future would do nothing to take away Houston's designation as the energy capital of the world. I could see energy companies moving their global headquarters out of the state of Texas altogether with the reason that it would improve their image with the rest of the nation. So, that wouldn't bode well for Las Colinas either. But none of this would alter Houston's designation as the energy capital of the world.

See, my argument is that Las Colinas is the big magnate because of its close proximity to DFW airport. Has nothing to do with its noteriety. DFW airport itself is just fortunate that it's present location just so happens to place it at the heart of a major metropolitan area, at the center of both its population and its transportation infrastructure, while it has a mild climate in the center of the nation. When companies answer why they move to Las Colinas, what do they say? DFW airport.

And still no one outside of DFW ever heard of LC. I think you are making LC to be a lot more important than it is (that's an understatement). AT&T moved to Dallas so it could make use of DFW airport, but they didn't move to LC, did they? Coors didn't even choose DFW at all. There is more to running a business, let alone being HQ than being really close to an airport. Like I said DT Houston is only about 20 minutes or about 10 miles to IAH. That isn't exactly far away is it?

Besides all major metros have airports. Moving to an office park just to be near an airport in another city might make some sense for some companies. But when you say it is a threat to Houston's energy industry you are all washed up.

Archived