Sign in to follow this  
Samsoner

Until all of the restaurants (and bars?) open up in the Town Center

where are some of the best watering holes to go to after work? I recently moved to Silverlake and I'm in my 20s.

I was thinking of TGIFs but that would seem strange to go to a restaurant's bar.

I've already been to Scooter's Beer and Burgers with a friend and it was OK.

Thanks!

I've heard the bar in Sam's Boat can be fun. I poked my head in there recently and all I can say is that it's a fairly big bar. I went when they first opened up that day, so there was not really a vibe to detect.

I've heard the bar in Sam's Boat can be fun. I poked my head in there recently and all I can say is that it's a fairly big bar. I went when they first opened up that day, so there was not really a vibe to detect.

Thanks.

Btw, how's the mall? I haven't been able to drive through since it opened.

Okay, has anyone been to Norton's Grill and Pub?

Nothing to get much excited about. Have not been on a weekend to be able to tell you if it gets a nice crowd. Food is decent.

I would love to find a good local bar around here too.... Sam's boat doesn't do it for me either.

my mom went and enjoyed the scene. she said gulfgate 1959. now no one wants to pay to air condition the public spaces.

Edited by musicman

Sam's Boat is okay. I prefer the patio and bar over the restaurant itself. They were having live music every Friday night, but not sure if that is still going on.

I also like a bar called The Wild Geese Tavern (I think). It's in the same area as Norton's. They have good bar specials and lots of pool tables for you pool sharks. I've also heard a couple of live bands there too, but maybe that's only for special occasions.

haven't made it to the Cork Wine bar at the PTC, but wine is not really my scene anyway. BJ's Tavern has a nice bar, but again it's in a restaurant. BJ's also has a happy hour Mon - Thur or Friday and a reverse happy hour Mon- Thur (excellent deep dish pizza at BJ's).

Norton's has the best draft beer selection in Pearland. Also have a separate bar with wine and speciality martinis.

Wild Geese Tavern has a nice interior, with a pseudo-separated bar and a back area w/ pool tables.

Centercourt is always hopping on Friday, but it's pretty small. great pizza and decent beer on tap and bottled.

BJs has a good bar area. Their own beer is decent.

Haven't been to the Sam's Boat here. Nice patio for when the weather is good though.

where are some of the best watering holes to go to after work? I recently moved to Silverlake and I'm in my 20s.

I was thinking of TGIFs but that would seem strange to go to a restaurant's bar.

I've already been to Scooter's Beer and Burgers with a friend and it was OK.

Thanks!

If you didn't find a home at Scooter's Icehouse, I can't help you.

That was my home away from home for a few years when I lived on Dixie Farm Road back in the mid-90's. I had a lot of good times there...does anyone know if Billy still lives in the camper of the junked pick-up truck at the body shop next door? Sweet guy...we used to bring him home with us to stay in a warm house when it got too cold in the winters.

I have a special place in my heart for Scooters. I can specifically remember the very first time I saw the place. It was early 1983, I was 10 years old and me and my grandma and cousin were headed down Telephone Road towards Corpus. We pulled up to the light, and as I looked to my right and I was intrigued by the name "Scooter's", Prince's new song "Little Red Corvette" came on the radio...first time I'd ever heard it. For some reason, that one memory has stuck with me through the years.

I later named a dog after that icehouse. The dog was as crazy as most of the regulars at Scooter's.