Five Allen Center: Office Tower At 400 Dallas St.

roadrunner

5 AC will I think will never break ground.  It has been trying to receive a lease for years.  Hines build BG Group Place no leases.  Now it is 96% leased and they are starting 609 Main.  It was 50 floors, then 40 and now 35.  And now they want to renovate 1 Allen Center.  LOL!  What is this New York company doing?  I feel they lost out when Devon left.     

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also if you keep looking, I think you'll find the renderings to Allen Center renovations.

Odd. The architecture firm that I had been talking about when it came to recladding One Allen Center was a Houston based firm... not Odell. Still impressive designs no matter what!

Odd. The architecture firm that I had been talking about when it came to recladding One Allen Center was a Houston based firm... not Odell. Still impressive designs no matter what!

The status says,"on the boards." I am guessing the architecture firm has not been picked yet.

the facade for 1AC seemed to look the same in the Allen Center "master plan". Urbannizer thinks the facade will be done by a different company too, and isnt shown yet in the new plans.

Yea but its scale looks comparable to 3 Allen Center. It's either going to 40 floors or 35 floors,

you think so? i was wondering if they shortened it AGAIN. the scale might look like that because of the perspective, but i agree it definitely looks taller than 20ish floors.

I count 22 floors.  This should (if it comes to fruition) squash some of the concerns many of us have expressed over a 40-50 floor tower dominating that part of the skyline.  All-in-all this isn't a bad design, if it isn't all that interesting.

This project though, makes me appreciate the work Hilcorp is doing on Main Street.

I was just counting the glass bandings - I think it's about 22 floors.  If this ever does get off the ground I can see where it might be easier to go with a shorter tower.  

yeah there are about 22 rows, but if you look at the garages nearby it seems like about 5 floors of garage for every 2 floors of building, so maybe the floors are shorter than the bands. yes that article that said 35 stories was pretty recent so unless something changed i think thats a safe bet.

someone on skyscraperpage was doing the math for this tower.. the 50 story version was "over 20% leased" apparently (i forget so im just going by what they said), and since the tower is quite a bit shorter now, that means this tower is now closer to 40% leased.. they said they would break ground once it hit 50% leased if i recall correctly, so this tower is probably just one more lease agreement away from getting off the ground.

if it is still 35 stories it will block a bit of the skyline, but only the lower 2/3rds of 3AC i would imagine from the Buffalo Bayou perspective. definitely much less of an impact than a large 50 story rectangle, so i think we can all be happy about that. and the design is much better now and actually appealing!

Archived