Five Allen Center: Office Tower At 400 Dallas St.

roadrunner

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, to be fair, that image you posted was in the same .pdf I found, I just didn't realize it was also F.A.C.

Oh its still a new rendering..unless this .pdf has been floating around on the internet since June of last year...I hope brookfield gives out new info on this.

Oh its still a new rendering..unless this .pdf has been floating around on the internet since June of last year...I hope brookfield gives out new info on this.

The website the .pdf was on comes from a copywriter named Dan DeLeo. I emailed him requesting to know when it was published; we'll see if he replies. He's based out of Boston.

Hmm I see you might be right.

but are there any buildings in the U.S that are 5o floors and above 75oft? If so 5 Allen Center has a possibility of being above 75oft.

Not sure, but Devon's new tower in OKC is planned to be 54 stories and 925 feet. So 50 stories with 750 feet is certainly possible.

The website the .pdf was on comes from a copywriter named Dan DeLeo. I emailed him requesting to know when it was published; we'll see if he replies. He's based out of Boston.

Thanks for emailing him, I hope he replies.

Not sure, but Devon's new tower in OKC is planned to be 54 stories and 925 feet. So 50 stories with 750 feet is certainly possible.

Hmm..that adds a possibility of Five Allen being above 75oft as well.

Thanks for replying to my post.

It probably has a spire. Cheaters.

No spire. Flat top like every other Houston building..

• 1 month later...

Now that Hess is empyting out of the Allen Center, is that enough (along with the economy), to put this on "hold"? The renderings swamplot posted shows the first few floors being taller then the upper ones, like Discovery (Hess) Tower. Maybe the rendering was done when Hess was fishing around?

Now that Hess is empyting out of the Allen Center, is that enough (along with the economy), to put this on "hold"? The renderings swamplot posted shows the first few floors being taller then the upper ones, like Discovery (Hess) Tower. Maybe the rendering was done when Hess was fishing around?

I think if downtown vacancy rates hold steady around 10% going into 2010, there may be a chance that this could be built. Everything I've heard from the real estate world is that 2010 is going to be the turnaround growth year. Not sure if that notion will hold up through 09, but if it does I would imagine this project would be strongly considered to go forward.

• 3 months later...
can somebody clarify its location, when they say adjacent, doesn't that mean it WILL be in downtown.

but in previous posts it was said it won't be in downtown, but close by.

I've always assumed that it would be where the giant surface lot is between the Metropolitan Racket Club and the Texas Heritage Museum. I think that at about Dallas St. Do a maps.live aerial. That's the only land available in the Allen Ctr. area.

I've always assumed that it would be where the giant surface lot is between the Metropolitan Racket Club and the Texas Heritage Museum. I think that at about Dallas St. Do a maps.live aerial. That's the only land available in the Allen Ctr. area.

This Surface Lot?

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=29.75891,-95...=12,303.14,,0,5

Yes, because the new parking garage was recently built at Allen Pkwy across from the Meridian/Double Tree (whatever it is now).

There is no other land available in that area.

Its pretty close to I-45 and it looks as if it will overshadow that texas-sized parking garage and possibly Three Allen Center.

Its pretty close to I-45 and it looks as if it will overshadow that texas-sized parking garage and possibly Three Allen Center.

I personally feel like it's a terrible location! If nothing else, it'll destroy the western view of the skyline.

I personally feel like it's a terrible location! If nothing else, it'll destroy the western view of the skyline.

I don't see how. Looks to me like it will fill in the gap perfectly....unless you find obscuring the Meridian to be destroying the skyline.

Houston%20skyline3.jpg

Archived