your news station

what station do you turn too  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What station in Houston do you turn to for your local news?

• KPRC-2
    • KHOU-11
    • KTRK-13
    • KRIV-26
    • KHCW-39
    • SPANSIH SPEAKING STATION

Okay, we live in the 10 largest media market. so we have a lot of good stations, with high quality. so i want to know when it comes to the stations which ones do you watch more, which ones do you trust, who do you turn to for breaking news,weather,sports think about all that while you vote.

and if you channel surf like me, choose the station you watch the most.

None of the above. Television is for entertainment, not news.

I agree with Subdude.

Plus, again...I think the internet has replaced TV news just as it has the newspaper.

Times have changed. TV news and newspapers are an antique way of getting the news.

I agree with Subdude.

Plus, again...I think the internet has replaced TV news just as it has the newspaper.

Times have changed. TV news and newspapers are an antique way of getting the news.

Even before the internet I wouldn't watch news on TV. I never had the patience to watch while someone read the news.

I don't have much of a preference when it comes to local news. When it's time for the 10 o' clock news, I just turn it on whichever: 2, 11 or 13.

I avoided all local news last week because I knew they'd just be standing around in puddles and making "Hello Dolly" puns for the entire newscast and I wasn't in the mood for it.

None of the above, but for a different reason - I don't watch TV news. In fact, I don't watch TV at all because I 86'ed my DishTV service, and I can't get the local (Austin) stations because of bad reception.

I went from being a TV Junkie to a TV Dropout literally overnight.

I flip between 13 and 11. But now they line up their commercial breaks almost perfectly, sometimes the commercials are in the same order!

The main reason I watch the news is the weather and how they graphically show it. I also like how they try to sensationalise every bad happening. My wife get a kick out of it.

We watch a lot of Univision and the one with Melanie Lawson sometimes in the evening. I like Fox News 26 in the morning, but rarely get to watch it ... mainly cause I forget to turn the tv on in the a.m. when I am rushing to do my morning walk, feed and walk the dogs, take out the trash, shower, etc.

I can't believe people still WATCH the news broadcasts regularly --who has time?

Most of the time I just catch stuff on the net or my RSS feed reader.

I've always been an NBC person, therefore I watch Channel 2 News. Second choice is KHOU. For some reason I've never been able to stand Dave on 13. I did like and appreciate Marvin though. I have to agree with other blogs sites about the hyped news being annoying and the stories shallow.

So - Today Show, NBC Nightly News and then Channel 2 @ 6 & 10.

I can't believe people still WATCH the news broadcasts regularly --who has time?

DVR...skip commercials and the junk stories. I watch the weather, the sports, and a few select news stories that look interesting.

I have to agree with other blogs sites about the hyped news being annoying and the stories shallow.

You find the hyped news to be annoying, yet you watch Channel 2?!? You must be one frustrated person! Channel 2 has long been the most superficial of all local news stations.

Archived