HAIF Nominations

editor

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What did you expect?

I have superintuition powers and had a read on you already. However, most people here would be a surprised. But I'll stop so I don't ruin your HAIF street cred as an aloof, money-grubbing, amoral super-libertarian with questionable personal habits who doesn't care about much but himself and his investments.

Chili out of the can and booze in old styrofoam-- that's a little painful. But time and female companionship can fix that. :D Or not.

There are other people I should also be mentioning - many of whom have already been listed above - but just to name a couple of consistent standouts: from what I've seen in the past couple of years in the history section, sev and isuredid would have my vote for most likely to go above and beyond in helping someone with questions. They and the others (y'all know who you are) who regularly go out of their way to help others find information, a picture, a name, or whatever are a major strength of this board. Here's hoping they know that, even if sometimes they don't get a thank-you even from the original poster, such contributions are read and appreciated by many people.

I have superintuition powers and had a read on you already. However, most people here would be a surprised. But I'll stop so I don't ruin your HAIF street cred as an aloof, money-grubbing, amoral super-libertarian with questionable personal habits who doesn't care about much but himself and his investments.

Chili out of the can and booze in old styrofoam-- that's a little painful. But time and female companionship can fix that. :D Or not.

I genuinely am my HAIF persona, albeit perhaps more diplomatic in person, but you're right that female companionship changes everything. But some preconditions need to be met on my end before I feel comfortable activly playing the field again (foremostly a reduction in working hours). I take relationships very seriously and don't like jacking people around or wasting their time. That kind of behavior isn't actually very self-serving...

Must mention the ones most likely to bring up Houston's oldest and almost, but not forgotten, neighborhoods and note on HAIF in great detail:

JLWM8609

LarryDallas

Spikey2

Plumber2

Poppahop

Fez1964

and many Thanks for taking some us all back to a very carefree & fun time in our lives, childhood memories in this city. Big pat on the back. Cheers!

"Most likely to leave in a snit"

I can't remember his screen name, but it was a 5-digit number, like a Zip Code. Before he left, he went back and deleted all his previous posts.

He was not the zip code one, tw2ntyse7en. He deleted all his posts.

You may be confusing his deletion with 77017 user name. He was banned for being annoying troll, but not as stupid as Plastic, but just as immature.

Best '80s nostalgia buff: I nominate myself! :)

What you talkin' about marmer? I challenge you to that title, I can out smart you with everything and anything 80's! B)

-signed, Joe Cool!

Also, with the wide range of nominations and catergories, what will ultimately be done with these posts. Will they be collected and the nominees voted on? :unsure:

See Editor's 1st sentences and he is merely asking us to nominate as they would in a High School. Like Best looking couple ^_^ Best personality, etc.

Somehow we turned this into more of a mini Oscar Award's ceremony. B)

Need a little red Haif carpet. "The envelope please"

See Editor's 1st sentences and he is merely asking us to nominate as they would in a High School. Like Best looking couple ^_^ Best personality, etc.

I just finished reading this thread and, good lord!

Just picture a flash presentation with a little read carpet and our various avatars (suitably dressed) waltzing down the virtual red carpet.

Then I nominate myself for best body. :D Damn, I thought we were building up to something.

Isn't that what nominees are for, candidates to win the category?

Can I "has" award now?

:lol::lol:

I see our Haifer of fewest words has outdone himself!!!

Sure it was funny, well timed I may add, but I that note, considering he has blown up this past year with the number of posts, I also nominate musicman as the laziest poster on HAIF. I can bet he averages around 5 words or less among all his post, aforementioned not withstanding. Man of few words.

I also nominate musicman as the laziest poster on HAIF. I can bet he averages around 5 words or less among all his post, aforementioned not withstanding. Man of few words.

what does word count have to do with laziness? Perhaps he's just efficient.

Just picture a flash presentation with a little read carpet and our various avatars (suitably dressed) waltzing down the virtual red carpet.

If Thats the case, then I want to win for :D

Best Art direction

Best Costume (avatar changes)

Best Cinematography

Best Online Screen Writing

Best Editing

Best Supporting Actor

Special Achievement Award in Visual Effects

Best adapatation of a novel into an online forum (Ok Editor gets that one) :blush:

Best original Score for an online forum - The Morning After

oscar_narrowweb__200x312.jpg

Oh NenaE, don't be so naive, we all know he likes to look at himself! It's worse than a mirror. :lol::P

:lol: ...Puma, Shhhh,...It's part of my HAIF image, don't ruin it for me. This topic is a funny one.

I don't understand most, including the significance of the old man and woman at the dinner table.

Really? If you look under "location" that explains the scene, plus the signature at the bottom of each post. 99% of the avatars are Houston (past or present) history related.

Now lets have fun and you bring back that topic you made about Killer clowns & scary dolls. :o:D

he's a lover

I think I'm busted. :blush: See what classic songs/films do to ya. :)

most valuable poster? quality per post

my top three are niche, red and channeltwonews

I can see the consistant sarcasm/humor/flame bait in RedScare, but I am thinking otherwise regarding quality, hence my nomination for member to most likely to cause a topic to be locked still stands alone on this one. No one can top him.

Quality humor. . . moo, he has his moments, quality HAIF posts. . . not so much. :rolleyes:

I can see the consistant sarcasm/humor/flame bait in RedScare, but I am thinking otherwise regarding quality, hence my nomination for member to most likely to cause a topic to be locked still stands alone on this one. No one can top him.

Quality humor. . . moo, he has his moments, quality HAIF posts. . . not so much. :rolleyes:

:blink:

and I am thinking someone's garden-gnome coat cut off the oxygen to their toddler brain, and they never fully recovered. ;)

Awww, admit it. You love Red! We all love him, especially when he puts the lawyerly beat-down on trolls.

Is there a special icon that denotes 'thread locked on account of Red'? I can't find it.

Archived