Sony Vaio PCV-RS312V Desktop

Warwick

$250.

Sony 15" LCD Flat Panel Display (some dead pixels at the very top edge of the monitor)

Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2

Intel Pentium 4 processor 2.40B GHz

80 GB Hard Drive

760 MB RAM PC-2100 DDR

DVD-ROM

CD-RW

Intel Extreme Graphics 845GV

Four USB 2.0 ports

i.Link (IEEE1394) digital interface

Network Card BRAND NEW

ZR1001.jpg

ZR1002.jpg

I wish that Sony would do traditional desktops again.

I bought and am still using almost the same spec'd Vaio your are selling, only difference is I have since doubled the RAM, added a 250 GB drive, and a DVD burner.

I got mine back in August 2003 for $1000 even at Best Buy.

Vaio's last forever, and I have never had issues with mine going on 5 years now, I am just waiting the the next major Mac Pro refresh and then I am going to do the same and CL mine.

It's good price man, should sell quickly.

I wish that Sony would do traditional desktops again.

I bought and am still using almost the same spec'd Vaio your are selling, only difference is I have since doubled the RAM, added a 250 GB drive, and a DVD burner.

I got mine back in August 2003 for $1000 even at Best Buy.

Vaio's last forever, and I have never had issues with mine going on 5 years now, I am just waiting the the next major Mac Pro refresh and then I am going to do the same and CL mine.

It's good price man, should sell quickly.

Cool. Yeah, it's really been a solid computer since I bought it in 2004. I paid $1000 too at Wal-Mart. I think the monitor is starting to crap out at the very top of the screen, though.

Not me. I bought a Vaio desktop and the motherboard crapped out in 5 months. Sony said they would replace it under warranty, but it would take them 2 months to get the part. I had to delicate flower very loudly to get it the MB in 2 weeks, and ever since then none of the Vaio-specific software would work. Then I decided to upgrade the video card and found the power supply was too weak to handle any gaming video cards. When I tried to replace the power supply I found the case had a proprietary form factor. So now I have a Vaio motherboard that Vaio software doesn't recognize mounted in an Antec case with an Antec power supply and a BFG video card. I'll never buy a Sony computer again.

YMMV.

Not me. I bought a Vaio desktop and the motherboard crapped out in 5 months. Sony said they would replace it under warranty, but it would take them 2 months to get the part. I had to delicate flower very loudly to get it the MB in 2 weeks, and ever since then none of the Vaio-specific software would work. Then I decided to upgrade the video card and found the power supply was too weak to handle any gaming video cards. When I tried to replace the power supply I found the case had a proprietary form factor. So now I have a Vaio motherboard that Vaio software doesn't recognize mounted in an Antec case with an Antec power supply and a BFG video card. I'll never buy a Sony computer again.

YMMV.

Sounds like that MB was a lemon.

Archived