Northwest Corner Of I-10 And Westgreen Blvd.

GrandLakes

So the SW corner is a CVS. The SE corner is empty. The NE Corner is Westgreen Gardens. Dirt is being moved on the NW corner now. Any idea what is going in there? I would guess a gas station (I haven't driven by in a while...maybe it is clearly not a gas station based on where they are with the construction now...). Anybody know??

I was out in that area over the weekend. Based on some signs I saw nearby, I'm thinking they're building an "entertainment" center that's not all that different from the existing Gardens @ Westgreen. I couldn't see the name of the development company, but I did notice a sign a couple hundred feet to the west promoting a "Main Event' that's to be built in the area. For those unfamiliar:

http://www.maineventusa.net

They have eight locations throughout Texas, including one out in the Woodlands and one in Webster.

I was out in that area over the weekend. Based on some signs I saw nearby, I'm thinking they're building an "entertainment" center that's not all that different from the existing Gardens @ Westgreen. I couldn't see the name of the development company, but I did notice a sign a couple hundred feet to the west promoting a "Main Event' that's to be built in the area. For those unfamiliar:

http://www.maineventusa.net

They have eight locations throughout Texas, including one out in the Woodlands and one in Webster.

So...It's basically a version of a pumped up Times Square....: <_<

This is going to be a Holiday Inn Express, Cheddar's Restaurant, Spring Creek BBQ, and a fourth pad site that hasn't been determined yet. Main Event Entertainment will be on the other side of the ditch (to the west).

While I agree that Katy does need more higher end restaurants - I do appreciate the chain restaurants coming our way too. If it truely is a Cheddar's going in I can guarantee that it will be packed every night. We are still missing a lot of the chains - Pappa's line of restaurants, Olive Garden, etc.

Yes it is. I did the engineering plans for both of these sites.

Hey Scott are you 100% sure...because if you are then I'll be there pretty much everyday I live in Parkway West the neighborhood right behind that development...are there any site plans or a website for this...who is the developer..when is chedddar's coming in? thank you!

So the SW corner is a CVS. The SE corner is empty. The NE Corner is Westgreen Gardens. Dirt is being moved on the NW corner now. Any idea what is going in there? I would guess a gas station (I haven't driven by in a while...maybe it is clearly not a gas station based on where they are with the construction now...). Anybody know??

I think this may be the spot where I saw a sign for Main Event Entertainment. I didn't know what that was so I did a search and the logos match up w/ the sign I saw. http://www.maineventusa.net/

Sorry to repeat info. Something is messed up w/ my settings on here and I didn't see the other replies at first. All the replies are in a drop down menu format -how do I fix that?

Yep, I agree, but you have to have the chains to help build the infrastructure... blah, blah, blah...

Do you really expect to find anything else along the I-10 feeder road? That area is beyond hope, let it go and hope to save other parts of town.

Do you really expect to find anything else along the I-10 feeder road? That area is beyond hope, let it go and hope to save other parts of town.

Ain't that the truth... Especially the East bound feeder between 99 and Mason. Blah!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've eaten at the one on Hwy 6 and Little York and also 290 and Fry. They were both really good and you get little loaves of fresh warm bread. Good BBQ but I was not a huge fan of their sauce. Overall, a GREAT addition to Katy I think.

Sorry, set to open October 28th per manager at other location.

• 4 weeks later...
I've eaten at the one on Hwy 6 and Little York and also 290 and Fry. They were both really good and you get little loaves of fresh warm bread. Good BBQ but I was not a huge fan of their sauce. Overall, a GREAT addition to Katy I think.

Sorry, set to open October 28th per manager at other location.

Does anyone know for sure what is next to Spring Ranch BBQ. I even drove over there and ask a few workers and they did not know? I am still really hoping for a Cheddar's. Does anyone have the inside scoop for sure???

Well the guy or girl not sure? lol started this threat and he also said he was involved in the engineering work of this project and that they will build a Cheddar's Restaurant so I believe him and besides I went to ask and since I speak spanish and workers in there did tell me the truth and said it was a Cheddar's (this actually happened early this week.)

It is Cheddars - 100% for sure. My dad stopped by there a few days ago and looked at the construction permits on the trailer and they say Cheddar's on them. Now - there is something else under construction between the Cheddar's and BBQ place - kind of between and behind them. Any idea what THAT is?

• 3 weeks later...
It is Cheddars - 100% for sure. My dad stopped by there a few days ago and looked at the construction permits on the trailer and they say Cheddar's on them. Now - there is something else under construction between the Cheddar's and BBQ place - kind of between and behind them. Any idea what THAT is?

It's Cheddar's all right, It has just been confirmed by the Houston Chronicle (Katy Section). I was wondering how it would look like the restaurant that they have pictured in their website main page. http://www.cheddars.com/

Archived