Ho-hum. Another day, another Top 5 Ranking

Best Cities For Young Professionals

Oh boy! Houston is ranked number 3 in the best cities for yuppies! Even ahead of San Francisco. Way ahead of Austin (8), Dallas (18) and San Anotonio (29).

Now, everyone rush to the Galleria and buy something pretentious to celebrate our newfound snottiness.

EDIT: Sorry, San Fran is Number 1. New York fell to Number 4, behind Minneapolis and H-Town.

IF you're a young professional, yes.

No, I meant for everyone. There are always cynics to make snide remarks, but I think that being an attractive destination for young professional workers would be of enormous benefit to the city as a whole. Good grief, that hardly makes it a "snotty" place. This is the kind of thing we would want publicized, isn't it?

No, I meant for everyone. There are always cynics to make snide remarks, but I think that being an attractive destination for young professional workers would be of enormous benefit to the city as a whole. Good grief, that hardly makes it a "snotty" place. This is the kind of thing we would want publicized, isn't it?

hopefully that was the intention of the article. for me personally, i know houston's a great place already. saying it is good for young professionals doesn't make me look at houston any differently.

Don't tell me we're going to have to add your name to the growing list of people who have tragically lost their sense of humor, subdude. :(

Of course it's a good thing. But, it still begs to be made fun of. Otherwise, we'd be reduced to commenting how Dallas just isn't hip enough, or what a shame that Miami and Vegas suck so bad that only Tampa is worse. Boring stuff like that.

Personally, I'm looking forward to some of the "Why can't Houston be like ____(insert lesser city here)" crybabies to post why Houston sucks in spite of the national media fawning over us. You know, the usual stuff, like toy trains, bad architecture, sprawl, lost our edge...something!

Personally, I'm looking forward to some of the "Why can't Houston be like ____(insert lesser city here)" crybabies to post why Houston sucks in spite of the national media fawning over us. You know, the usual stuff, like toy trains, bad architecture, sprawl, lost our edge...something!

I'll go with "sucky baseball team that is wasting Lance Berkman's prime."

Ahhhhhh! I feel better already!

IF you're a young professional, yes.

Isn't economic and social diversity a good thing? Would you prefer a city of three million factory workers?

Hmm.... where have I heard about that worker's paradise before? I'm trying to think...

Oh yes!

sovietrepublicflags.jpg

I attended an outdoor show (Disney musical) last night at Miller Outdoor Theater in Hermann Park. The weather was great, with a breeze. Nobody was uncomfortable, and this is the dead of summer.

The park and the Museum District looked absolutely beautiful. Everything was so green.

I took the Katy Freeway, Loop 610, and the Southwest Freeway to get there. Once I got past the Bingle exit on I10, the entire trip was on brand new, state of the art freeways. All the streets near the park have been redone and looked great too.

Sometimes I wonder why we Houstonians (I'm a native) feel like we have to apologize for our city. This is a beautiful,

progressive, problem solving city with great year round weather.

Bring on the yuppies!

I attended an outdoor show (Disney musical) last night at Miller Outdoor Theater in Hermann Park. The weather was great, with a breeze. Nobody was uncomfortable, and this is the dead of summer.

The park and the Museum District looked absolutely beautiful. Everything was so green.

I took the Katy Freeway, Loop 610, and the Southwest Freeway to get there. Once I got past the Bingle exit on I10, the entire trip was on brand new, state of the art freeways. All the streets near the park have been redone and looked great too.

Sometimes I wonder why we Houstonians (I'm a native) feel like we have to apologize for our city. This is a beautiful,

progressive, problem solving city with great year round weather.

Bring on the yuppies!

Ditto! Great post, tomv!

Archived