Travis Center: 2900 Travis St.

midtownuser

• 1 month later...
I noticed a new sushi restaurant under construction on Travis (across from Escobar).

here is their myspace: http://www.myspace.com/facuz

and official webpage: http://www.wecravesushi.com/

Hey guys! Well I was browsing around on the net and saw that you guys started a little thread about our restaurant. That's so great! Any word put out about our restaurant is much appreciated! Good words of course!

So okay, just a little update about the new place. We currently are in the construction phase. Our target date to open our doors was initially November 1st but unfortunately it's going to be later now. We're about a month or so behind schedule.

And just a brief description of the restaurant:

We will be located in midtown on the 2900 block of Travis as some already know. We are directly across from Escobar and Whiskey Creek. We've signed on Executive Chef - Robert Garay from Hyde Park New York (CIA). We will be serving Sushi and other fine Japanese cuisine. Their will be lounge seating, sushi bar seating, bar seating, etc. And the highlight of the restaurant is that on Fridays and Saturdays we will stay open til 4am!!

We will have lunch daily from 11am to 2pm. Dinner will be from 5pm to 11pm. On Fridays and Saturdays we're staying open til 4am of course. On Fridays and Saturdays we will serve the full menu til 11pm then from 11pm to 4am we will keep the sushi bar open til close!

Hey guys! Well I was browsing around on the net and saw that you guys started a little thread about our restaurant. That's so great! Any word put out about our restaurant is much appreciated! Good words of course!

So okay, just a little update about the new place. We currently are in the construction phase. Our target date to open our doors was initially November 1st but unfortunately it's going to be later now. We're about a month or so behind schedule.

And just a brief description of the restaurant:

We will be located in midtown on the 2900 block of Travis as some already know. We are directly across from Escobar and Whiskey Creek. We've signed on Executive Chef - Robert Garay from Hyde Park New York (CIA). We will be serving Sushi and other fine Japanese cuisine. Their will be lounge seating, sushi bar seating, bar seating, etc. And the highlight of the restaurant is that on Fridays and Saturdays we will stay open til 4am!!

We will have lunch daily from 11am to 2pm. Dinner will be from 5pm to 11pm. On Fridays and Saturdays we're staying open til 4am of course. On Fridays and Saturdays we will serve the full menu til 11pm then from 11pm to 4am we will keep the sushi bar open til close!

Thank you for the info. I look forward to trying it. Good luck with your endeavor.

AAAIIIIIEEEEEEEE!!! Does this mean I can get a sushi fix at 2am? Because -- in all seriousness -- sometimes I feel like I would be willing to stab someone for some sushi after a long night. :o I don't know what this says about me and I don't care. Late night sushi is an awesome prospect. Yay!!! :D

AAAIIIIIEEEEEEEE!!! Does this mean I can get a sushi fix at 2am? Because -- in all seriousness -- sometimes I feel like I would be willing to stab someone for some sushi after a long night. :o I don't know what this says about me and I don't care. Late night sushi is an awesome prospect. Yay!!! :D

Yes! That means you can get your "roll" on after 2am!! lol But thats just Fridays and Saturdays.. unless theirs that much of a demand for another night say.. Thursday or something.. we will defintely put that into consideration.

Can you imagine staying open til 4am every night of the week??? That would be really crazy haha

CraveSushi: now you have a blog post - http://houstonist.com/2008/08/22/nearly_al...coming_soon.php

Yes we've noticed that earlier today! That's awesome! Thanks for posting that up on here also!

Yes! That means you can get your "roll" on after 2am!! lol But thats just Fridays and Saturdays.. unless theirs that much of a demand for another night say.. Thursday or something.. we will defintely put that into consideration.

Can you imagine staying open til 4am every night of the week??? That would be really crazy haha!

that would be very NYC, and thusly, very cool.

we're still waiting on some of the city permits and whatnot to go through.. construction will start very shortly.. i'm so anxious lol

Any plans to open on the near East DT/East End? (Land/Rent is cheap and an up-and-coming area)

I hope the restaurant isn't built in a suburban style.

Is Crave the same restaurant as the one in Austin?

we're are going to have a very modern look and feel... it'll be very nice inside and out

and no we have no relations to the Crave Thai and Sushi in Austin, The Crave Lounge in Dearborn, MI or even Crave in Akron, Ohio.

cravesushi: there is rumored to be a new sushi restaurant opening up under the new 24 Hour fitness (on the next block). How do you think this will affect your restaurant? to have 2 sushi restaurants in such close proximity.

Well I think it shouldn't effect us in any way at all. Our ambience and our quality of food will definitely speak for itself. But it really boils down to how the public will feel about this.

I haven't seen or heard of this place personally. Just curious... What's it called?

Well I think it shouldn't effect us in any way at all. Our ambience and our quality of food will definitely speak for itself. But it really boils down to how the public will feel about this.

I haven't seen or heard of this place personally. Just curious... What's it called?

i never got the name. some employees at the 24 hour fitness were telling me about this rumor. so it isn't from a reliable source. anyways, are you guys gonna get rid of that awful looking fence around the parking lot? no offense, it's just that i don't think it's necessary.

we're are going to have a very modern look and feel... it'll be very nice inside and out

and no we have no relations to the Crave Thai and Sushi in Austin, The Crave Lounge in Dearborn, MI or even Crave in Akron, Ohio.

Now what about Crave Cupcakes in Uptown Park Houston? :P

ok.. got something for you guys... this is just a prelim sketch.. its not final so don't go gettin too crazy with it lol... and btw don't let it leak out just yet haha ;) i know its the net.. word spreads like wildfire.. anyways.. check it out.. lemme know your thoughts

looks awesome. great addition to the area and i will be give you guys a lot of business.

do you plan on having a happy hour?

• 3 weeks later...
looks awesome. great addition to the area and i will be give you guys a lot of business.

do you plan on having a happy hour?

i apologize for the late replies...

the menu will be finalized very very soon and from there we'll decide on what to do about happy hour.. most likely we will have one

Nice. Will Crave be taking up the whole building?

no, only about half the building is ours... the rest is up for lease

so anyways... does anyone know where our banner flew off too?? haha... damn ike!

Edited by CraveSushi

no construction so far. i wonder if they will even open up this year.

we have some things rolling and we have some other things pending as far as construction goes.. its been a very tedious and meticulous process... construction should go fairly smooth once more things start falling in to place..we're still aiming for a late nov/early dec opening... cross your fingers!... january would be worse case scenario.

• 4 weeks later...
doubt this restaurant is coming. i saw a new sign up saying LEASING NOW. so the landlords are looking for someone else to fill in this space. sucks

Hey sorry guys.. been so long since I've been on here. Been so busy with meetings with purveyors and whatnot. And still so much to do.

We are still planning to open by end of November, early December. So no worries 'midtownuser'!! lol

We lost our big sign due to Hurricane Ike but we have 2 new signs up now.

That leasing sign is up for the other 2 units that are still vacant.

Btw, We are currently accepting resumes for all positions here at Crave. (i.e. line cooks, sushi bar, dishwashers, barstaff, waitstaff, hostess, etc.) Please submit them to john@wecravesushi.com for further review.

The building process is progressing rapidly now. So don't be afraid to stop by to check out the construction. You might run into one of us! Kind of crazy how things are coming together now.

I'll keep everyone posted!!!