Your Stimulus Check

crunchtastic

I received a reduced stimulus, and it went toward replacing the old washing machine that died unexpectedly. Happily, the low-water front loaders have come down in price so I was able to find one for under $800. I had no idea that the high end is hovering around $2,000. :wacko:

The website is interesting. I'm struck by the large numbers of firearms, bicycles, and vet bills. If it weren't for the washer I probably would have gotten another tattoo.

Turns out that I received a very reduced stimulus. I got a letter in the mail from the IRS. I thought before, based on my AGI, that I would get nothing. So I was concerned with the letter. I opened it and it said they put X dollars into my checking account, two weeks prior by the time I opened the letter. Didn't even notice it.

The website is interesting. I'm struck by the large numbers of firearms, bicycles, and vet bills. If it weren't for the washer I probably would have gotten another tattoo.

Way to go, America.

If and when I ever get mine, it will go to pay off debt incurred by moving, buying out my lease in Houston early, and buying a condo. But who knows where my check is. I was supposed to get a direct deposit, but the IRS decided instead to send me a check, and mailed it to my old address in Houston, despite me filing the form with them in advance to change my address. I'm sure it will either eventually get forwarded to me by the Post Office, or I'll deal with the IRS getting me a replacement check, but either way it will probably take months and lots of headaches. And I'm getting a reduced amount because I made too much last year to get the full amount for a single person.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm working on an article right now for Houstonist about the recently-issued government stimulus checks and how Americans have been spending them. I'd like to do a cross-section of how the average Houstonian spent their stimulus check (old-school Parade magazine style, yo!) and was hoping that one or more of you might be willing to share that information. If any of you friendly fellow HAIFers want to share that information, that would be just grand. I need the following info:

First Name

Occupation

What'd You Do With It, Then?

If you don't want to put this info in the thread, you can PM me. If you don't want to share at all and think I'm creepy for asking, that's okay, too. :)

Thanks for your help, y'all!

Whats this stimulus check I keep hearin' bout?

Instead of posting stupid rubbish, just respond to the post. geez people. <_<

First Name Payam

Age 28

Occupation Engineer

What'd You Do With It, Then? Deposited the $600 into my online MMA. I did not stimulate the economy. :rolleyes:

Instead of posting stupid rubbish, just respond to the post. geez people. <_<

Instead of posting stupid responses to other posts, try to understand that many of us did not receive checks. I have not received one because I filed for an extension. I suspect that Mr. Chenevert and tanith, wealthy types that they are, likely have incomes high enough not to be troubled with silly checks.

geez puma. <_<

I didn't want to crib peoples' answers for an article, especially without their permission. So I started this separate thread. We can merge them if you think that would be appropriate... :blush:

Yea, and you're actually asking for the input; I just sort of threw it out there.

Merge under your thread makes sense.

Instead of posting stupid responses to other posts, try to understand that many of us did not receive checks. I have not received one because I filed for an extension. I suspect that Mr. Chenevert and tanith, wealthy types that they are, likely have incomes high enough not to be troubled with silly checks.

oh wow... i thought everyone (that filed) got back stimulus checks.

Thanks Red.. Now i know I'm officially poor.

Archived