Club Quarters Hotel At 720 Fannin St.

Subdude

• 1 month later...

Great progress on this hotel. The full facade has been cleaned, and the sidewalk canopies are being replaced with new ones that are detailed replicas of the originals. They have even replaced the tops of the decorative finials that had broken off over the years. It's nice to see a first-class restoration project like this one.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anybody have any information or updates on the Club Quarters Hotel and the 2nd Renaissance hotel in Houston that will be located in downtown?

The Club Quarters should be finished in another 6 months. Certainly in the running for the longest development/construction period of all time. I understand they have parking issues, but don't know that for sure.

The second Renaissance for downtown, again as I understand it, is not going to happen, at least in the near future.

Hope this helps.

TNJ

• Like 1

Can't swear to it, but I thought I read that the Club Quarters had bought the parking lot catty-corner from the hotel. The construction has been lengthy because they gutted the entire building down to the steel frame, and then reconstructed to the design of the original hotel from the 1920s. Also during construction part of the internal frame collapsed.

A couple of months ago I talked to someone onsite at the old Texaco building. For what it's worth, he said the first priority would be asbestos abatement in the structures, and they were considering eventual development as condos or apartments instead of a hotel. Sounded pretty up in the air.

club quarters should be done soon, and i think the Humble Marriott was the longest running construction. The Club Quarters will not be open to the public, it will be a corporate hotel. I dont understand exactly how it works, but i think companies buy a certain amount of time in the nationwide hotel chain.

The Texaco has clearly been put on hold and is most likely under reevaluation in this extremely soft hotel market (last numbers I heard was 47% occupancy! we are supposed to rebound to the 70% stabilized numbers in 2007)

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Club Quarters Hotel At 720 Fannin St.
  • 8 months later...