Development on old Concordia Campus

marc

Hey All,

I am an alumnus of Concordia University Austin before attending UT for graduate work. I have been following the relocation process (lots of pix. to look at on the Concordia website if you are interested) and am excited. I know the group who purchased the site, but don't quite know what this means:

The East Avenue Investment Group plans a Class A- multi-use, high density, residential and commercial venture which is Green and pedestrian friendly. (paraphrased from Statesman Business Blog)

Those of you in the "know"- could this mean a highrise along with surface level shopping all in one? The site is 22 acres off of 38 1/2 Street.

I have searched, but except for the above mentioned article (which is a year old), i can only go by what the alumni association at Concordia tells me; which, incidentally, isn't much.

Thanks for all the info.

m. B)

Awesome. Thanks so much. Yeah, i LOVED going there because i had the luxury of a small campus but got to use UT's ammenities.

It was SOOOO convenient; walking distance to pretty much anything going on at night. i am very happy for my alma mater, BUT, i must admit, if Concordia was located out there when i attended, i don't think i would have stayed the course there. It is too secluded and out of the way.

Anyway, thanks for the info.

m. B)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Any updated pix.? Concordia University TX was keeping up with all the demolition and construction and move to the new campus, but since theyv'e moved....NADA. They have many pix. of the new campus and such, but virtually nothing about how the old property looks. i understand this is probably par for the course, BUT, does anyone have any updated pix. of the East Avenue project. i check out their website often.

m. B)

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey oh, Everybody,

In Austin in two weeks...........but before i go............how is 38th and 38th and 1/2 going???? To those new to this post..... that is the new TX Monthly highrise complex. Give me what you can.....and i am completely appreciative!!!!!!!!!!

m. B)

Hey oh, Everybody,

In Austin in two weeks...........but before i go............how is 38th and 38th and 1/2 going???? To those new to this post..... that is the new TX Monthly highrise complex. Give me what you can.....and i am completely appreciative!!!!!!!!!!

m. B)

Its already topped out, well over a month ago, and the exterior is coming along quite nicely.

Here's a thread you'd be interested in at the SkyscraperPage Forum (SPF)

Concordia site thread

(FWIW, I wouldn't mention you were directed there from another forum... SPF posters don't seem to take to kindly to mentioning... the other (forums))

If that doesn't quench your Concordia cravings, you can always check out the Concordia redevelopment thread on my forum... [cough]shameless plug[/cough]

• 3 weeks later...

Hey oh, Everybody,

m. B)

Any pics from your Austin trip?

• 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Archived