I have some old Texas Eastern Oil stocks

TJones

If you are reading this and you are from the area you most undoubtedly have heard of Texas Eastern at one time. Anyways, I have some old stock certificates dated from 1944 that my Grandfather purchased and are completely legit. Texas Eastern is a new company now, as they were bought out by Entergy back in the 80's and are still headquartered in Beaumont. Are there any stock traders here that could help me find out if they are any good or not, and if they are, what are they worth? Thanks in advance.

If you are reading this and you are from the area you most undoubtedly have heard of Texas Eastern at one time. Anyways, I have some old stock certificates dated from 1944 that my Grandfather purchased and are completely legit. Texas Eastern is a new company now, as they were bought out by Entergy back in the 80's and are still headquartered in Beaumont. Are there any stock traders here that could help me find out if they are any good or not, and if they are, what are they worth? Thanks in advance.

not sure if they still give you and ownership

but they do have value either way

http://www.scripophily.net/teeacode19.html

Hmmmm.... I was hoping for more of a "You have found some 1991 Dell Computer stock" or "1985 Microsoft stock" and BOOM!!!! I have instant gold here. My Texas Eastern cert. looks alot different from that one also.

the one in the link are from 1986 so yours could be worth more even if they have no share in the company

and I would think at $139+ each certificate might be worth more as the paper than a share of the company

there are tons of old certificates (with no share of the company) for sale so it is possible your grandfather made a transaction without turning in the certificates.....but I would doubt that in a way

even so if you have several and each was for one share.....they may be worth more as decoration than as an actual share

the one in the link are from 1986 so yours could be worth more even if they have no share in the company

and I would think at $139+ each certificate might be worth more as the paper than a share of the company

there are tons of old certificates (with no share of the company) for sale so it is possible your grandfather made a transaction without turning in the certificates.....but I would doubt that in a way

even so if you have several and each was for one share.....they may be worth more as decoration than as an actual share

No, the way this one is done, the shares are marked and hole punched as to how many stocks have been bought in a square grid.

Archived