Spring Cypress & Louetta?

ROCKCREEKER

Does anyone know what is coming to the corners of Spring Cypress & Louetta? I heard a Walgreens will be at Spring Cypress & Grant. (like we need another).

Not sure, but Rock Creek's HOA needs to buy up that Spring-Cypress frontage near the entrance of "Rock Creek Trails" before that becomes a stinkin' Qwik-E Mart or Valero.

Surprised Caldwell would've left that entrance open for commercial development like that as that's the only entrance to the neighborhood on a high visibility street (Spring Cypress). Nothing worse than having some greasy gas station marking the entrance of your high-end custom home neighborhood.

Not sure, but Rock Creek's HOA needs to buy up that Spring-Cypress frontage near the entrance of "Rock Creek Trails" before that becomes a stinkin' Qwik-E Mart or Valero.

Neighborhoods and MUDs in this area need to be as proactive as possible. It is painful to watch the area in which you make a significant investment not only with your money but your life get trashed by developers.

The new Shell/McDonald's and what appears to be an accompanying shopping center or car wash completely ruined the corner of Telge and Jarvis, even though there was already a Valero at one corner, this new one is huge and seems much better suited to an interstate. I think they grossly overestimate the traffic volume on Telge...

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know what is coming to the corners of Spring Cypress & Louetta? I heard a Walgreens will be at Spring Cypress & Grant. (like we need another).

What do you mean? Not one of the four corners at that intersection has a Walgreens or CVS yet. Even then, the Spring Cypress/Louetta intersection is far enough away for another Walgreens as well. The nearest one is like three miles away! :)

What do you mean? Not one of the four corners at that intersection has a Walgreens or CVS yet. Even then, the Spring Cypress/Louetta intersection is far enough away for another Walgreens as well. The nearest one is like three miles away! :)

Actually the closest one (and there are two - Walgreens & CVS) is just a mere mile and a half down the road at Spring Cypress and Barker Cypress.

I definitely wouldn't want another drug store, bank or Asian Salon in front of Rock Creek if I lived there...

Actually the closest one (and there are two - Walgreens & CVS) is just a mere mile and a half down the road at Spring Cypress and Barker Cypress.

I definitely wouldn't want another drug store, bank or Asian Salon in front of Rock Creek if I lived there...

I thought you liked the asian salons???? :ph34r:

Where are the women of Rock Creek to get their nails done????

Actually, they need a liquor store too, where else are they going to get their booze and lottery tickets?

And a gas station, to fill up thier SUV's before they head out to run all their errands...

It sucks that none of us want any more of these places, but they wouldn't build them if they didn't make money, you know? It would be nice if MUD's and HOA's had more control, but it seems that after the developer leaves the community to it's own devices, the land grab begins with the HOA powerless to stop it.

Walgreens does own the corner at Grant and SC Road, adjacent to Lakewood Oaks Estates. (Our HOA has an agreement with Walgreens which allows us to enter the lot and keep it clear of builder and other business signs.) We are kind of hacked because our SC/Grant corner was originally sold by our developer to the first buyer for less than $300K (or so I'm told). Developer could have made more by simply subdividing residential lots. Now we have to deal with trying to keep that vacant corner from becoming an eyesore. And Walgreens has no plans to build anytime soon.

Not sure what the Rock Creek developer had in mind for Rock Creek's SC Road entrance, but I'm sure they recognize they can now make big bucks off commercial land on SC Road. Who knows....the people in the RC sales office and some of the investors are the same as those of LOE back when we were under development. I'd keep asking questions....funky things do happen with this group. (For example, did you know our red brick walls actually sit on the line between county right of way and private property? The HOA owns the walls but they are on private property...and there is no set back or buffer of HOA land between the walls and County ROW. So we'll see how close to our walls SC Road will end up when it's widened. Why the developer thought this setup was wise, I'll never know. So keep asking questions.)

One other thing, for those who live along this section of SC Road. I understand we are looking at a widening of SC Road that includes esplanades like Telge. Great, but we are in Precinct 4, not Precinct 3. Radack plants trees in esplanades, Eversole does NOT. I've called CAD of Precinct 4... they will NOT improve the esplanades. Period. Cutten Road esplanades were improved with MUD money and that's the angle we all need to take. Rock Creek, LOE, Fairwood, Lakes of NP, Village Creek, etc... all share the same MUD and we need to start hitting them up. Let them know if there are going to be esplanades, we want them improved and landscaped. Otherwise...it will look like Louetta Road in front of Gettysburg.

I was trying to be sarcastic, but apparently they were closer than I thought. I agree, none of those things are needed there :)

• The title was changed to Spring Cypress & Louetta?

Archived