Pre-purchase light rail tickets?

Mr. Chenevert

I am not a regular user of the light rail, so forgive me if my question has an obvious answer.

In a few months, I will be having a rehearsal dinner in Houston. The guests will be staying in a downtown hotel, two blocks from the light rail station, and the rehearsal dinner will be in midtown, about 3 blocks from the light rail station. I figure instead of having 50 people piling into cars and drive there, then fight for parking, we could all take the light rail.

To expedite things, I would like to pre-purchase a round trip ticket for roughly 50 guests.

I figure a Q card won't work, because its not me taking 50 trips, its 50 people taking one trip.

Can I go up to one of the machines earlier in the day, and buy 50 round trip tickets?

I think metro stopped 'round trip' tickets that were valid for 24 hours any direction...

I am not a regular user of the light rail, so forgive me if my question has an obvious answer.

In a few months, I will be having a rehearsal dinner in Houston. The guests will be staying in a downtown hotel, two blocks from the light rail station, and the rehearsal dinner will be in midtown, about 3 blocks from the light rail station. I figure instead of having 50 people piling into cars and drive there, then fight for parking, we could all take the light rail.

To expedite things, I would like to pre-purchase a round trip ticket for roughly 50 guests.

I figure a Q card won't work, because its not me taking 50 trips, its 50 people taking one trip.

Can I go up to one of the machines earlier in the day, and buy 50 round trip tickets?

I think metro stopped 'round trip' tickets that were valid for 24 hours any direction...

And with that, brian becomes the latest winner in the HAIF Summer Post Card Contest.

Your prize:

gallery_1_86_7440.jpg

The front reads:

6:-- TRANSIT TOWER

FROM SAN ANTONIO RIVER,

SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS

Printed on the back:

TRANSIT TOWER FROM SAN ANTONIO RIVER, SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS.

The San Antonio River winds its way through the heart of the city. Its

embankments are lined with beautiful tropical flowers and plants and

many striking views can be seen as one crosses the various bridges in

the city.

The post card has a January 28, 9:30pm post mark on it. But there's no year. The stamp (a red John Adams) was only two cents, so that could help narrow down when this was sent.

It is addressed to Mr & Mrs C.W. Strasser, 303 Ellis Street, Peoria 5, Illinois

"Dearest Mother & Dad,

Well - here we are in the city of your ????? mother, and I agree - ???? it is lovely. We came here yesterday, but have the day to-day , as the car is being checked for the long drive home -- so we will leave to-morrow. Just finished breakfast and now will look over the town. It's good to be back in the U.S. and will be so glad to get home. Expect to be home this week sometime. Love, Ruth & Tommy"

The two bits I couldn't make out were obscured by the postmark.

Anyway, congrats -- and PM me your mailing address so I can send you your prize.

Archived